Inter-Action Enterprises Seabiscuits Boatworks

Started by madharry, August 23, 2020, 05:45:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madharry

Thanks Curt for your kind comments. Moving on next to the shop benches. It is suggested that you stain the parts. I chose not too as mine seem to warp terribly and with such tiny parts it can mean trouble. Here is one completed shop bench. I found that parts 64 were missing from my kit. No matter there is plenty of spare material in the sheets containing the kits parts. I just found some of the right thickness and cut a couple of pieces to fit. My blade shows the new part.
Mike

Mark Dalrymple

Looking really good, Mike.

Some nice interior details there.

Cheers, Mark.

Oldguy

Those look great.
Might try either weathering powders or pan pastels for coloring small parts.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

madharry

Thanks Mark. Bob, thanks for the suggestion I have now used some magic markers to enhance the detail.
Mike

madharry

Continuing with the details. The office walls (forgive the pinups), some shelving with individual drawer pulls and the stone office floor.
Mike

WigWag Workshop

Awesome! I like seeing kits with interiors, I can wait to have a go at making a kit with an interior and lighting.

-Steven
A BIG Thanks to all the folks who share their knowledge, and for giving me the inspiration to push the limits in this great hobby!

madharry

madharry

Continuing................the deck has slots for the tabs on the walls to fit in. After cutting off the outside battens on the tabs I found great difficulty in aligning the walls to the slots. Maybe my deck is a little warped. In the end I decided to cut off the tabs completely and glue the walls to the decking. I found that my side walls were longer than the original slots. This meant whilst most of the walls covered the original slots the front wall did not. However the slots are behind the wall on the inside (second picture taken from above) and once the doors are fitted they will not be seen.
Mike

madharry

Continuing...........I found the stone floor for the side work bay did not fit. Probably due to my finding my sidewalls were a bit longer than normal. I found a piece of wood from my scrapbox and glued this to the side and then pared it down until it fit the space. I am left with a gap at the end near the office wall which I will attempt to fill when the glue sets up.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

Thanks for the encouragement Curt, it is much appreciated.
Mike

madharry

Continuing................there are a lot of items in the detail kit. I am working on the four workbenches. The legs took a bit of thought. They are made of two pieces glued at ninety degrees to each other. I found this difficult to do in one sitting. So I glued one set of single legs (16) to all the tables and let the glue set over night. Today it is relatively simple to add the extra legs. Voila..............
Mike

madharry

Continuing..................some views of the little office.
Mike

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

nycjeff

Hello Mike, I'm enjoying your build and I especially like your interiors. I don't have any seaside areas on my mid- ohio layout, so I'm always jealous of the marine kit builds that I see on the forum.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's