FSM - Pile Driver

Started by Andy Reynolds, February 17, 2015, 01:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Reynolds

I am working on my Pile Driver, so after I add George's to the thread, I'll add my own.

Andy Reynolds

Here is the engine. It was a pain to add those handles on the drums, as well as all the other pressure pipes, etc.

Andy Reynolds

Here's another pic of the engine without the flash photography. Which is better?

Andy Reynolds

Here is a close up of the actual pile driver structure. I didn't want the whole unit painted box car red, so I only painted the ladders, which ties it into the engine shed.

Andy Reynolds

And here is a close up of the engine under the shed.

Andy Reynolds

Another angle.

Andy Reynolds

And this is what it looks like so far. Stay tuned for when I add the cable, tire bumpers, and more castings.
Thanks "OldGuy" for picking up on the fact that the ladder had the cleats towards the building. Remember - this is a WIP and I did accidentally stage them incorrectly. But --- that will make my final pics so much better, won't it?

Oldguy

Looking good.  I would however turn the ladder to the shed roof around so the cleats are on the outside.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

ReadingBob

It looks great so far Andy.   :D

I built one of these a few years ago.  It was a lot of fun.  It's since dropped anchor on a friends layout.  If you're interested there's a picture of it about halfway down page 13 of John's Backwoods NE in Florida thread.
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Andy,

Very nicely done.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Andy Reynolds

. I have etched some Northeastern Scale's HO Standard Seam Metal Roofing. I've tried them out and they look fine, but will make a few more, before I glue them on. I cut them to three panel pieces, that I will overlap. I'm not sure they'll need much weathering, as I like the grey to brown effect I achieved.
              I ordered the rigging for the tire bumpers, so that is it for now.

Andy Reynolds

And here is the new engine house shed staged on the barge.

Andy Reynolds

And now a couple of close up shots of the new roof in place.

Andy Reynolds

Last one for now.

S&S RR

Andy

Great build - I'm following along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad