Photo Stop at the F&SM RR

Started by halrey, March 17, 2018, 06:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halrey

Well, I made another photo run-by at the F&SM RR two days ago. George has replaced some of the older buildings that had been built in a rush with some new structures. The restaurant with the pawn shop are a Downtown Deco kit, while the other 2 are scratch built. The fish company bldg. covers a turnout motor.
Always new improvements every time I stop by!

Hal

Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

tct855

Hal,
Nice pictures! Lots to see there as always.  Glad George is keeping busy building, building, building.  He should start a kit building company someday.  I bet others would love to see what he comes up with.
Thanx Thom...

Lynnb

Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

fbernard65

Hal,

Thanks for the additional pics.  It is always great to see new updates to the F&SM.

Frank

S&S RR

Hal

Thank you, for keeping us up-to-date on all the changes that George is making. The new structures really look nice.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

The War Bond sign is pretty cool!

deemery

Quote from: Raymo on March 21, 2018, 06:52:56 PM
The War Bond sign is pretty cool!
Yeah, but it very much sets the date for the layout as around 1942-1943.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

RWL

So much for the Depression! If the F&SM has sprung forward in years, maybe George will begin a "Urban Renewal" program and clean the place up?

Bob

jknapp

Hal.... thank you for posting these great pictures (...and also thanks to George!). I never get sick of seeing George's work.

With that said, I was hoping somebody out there could help me out. For the life of me I have been unable to find the sign/billboard on one of the new buildings. It's the "Hasten the Day! - Buy War Bonds" sign/billboard on the 'Ingram Richardson Mfg Co'. Does anybody out there have this sign. If so, could you please post it to this thread?

Thank you in advance for any help received!!

postalkarl

Hi Hal:

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Karl

rpdylan

yes, great pics!  that war bonds sign is great, I guess no one else has that sign?
Bob C.

fbernard65

Hi,

This was posted over on Railroad Line forum for the sign.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/paulmalon/11646309316/

Frank

rpdylan

Bob C.