The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

I bet those hard working, honest & trustworthy city fathers in Tahope are excited about recent grand landscaping efforts in their little corner of the world.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jrmueller

Great addition to a great layout. I would like to donate one of my projects to Talope.  Might lake six months to build something new. Jim
Jim Mueller
Superintendent(Retired)
Westchester and Boston Railroad

Jerry

It just couldn't be any better!!!

Beautiful detail Tom.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

S&S RR

Tom

The scenery looks great - it just ties everything together to make the scene. Mighty fine work my friend.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on January 11, 2020, 08:19:04 AM
Hey Tom:

What A beautiful job on this area. Thanks for sharing.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you and you are very welcome.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on January 11, 2020, 09:10:21 AM
I bet those hard working, honest & trustworthy city fathers in Tahope are excited about recent grand landscaping efforts in their little corner of the world.  ;D ;D ;D

Greg,

Yea, but wait until they get the bill. 8)

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jrmueller on January 11, 2020, 10:36:56 AM
Great addition to a great layout. I would like to donate one of my projects to Talope.  Might lake six months to build something new. Jim

Jim,

Thank you for the nice compliment. Donations are accepted. Just need to find the right spot for every and anything. Even some of the stuff I built just doesn't fit the layout anymore.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on January 11, 2020, 11:43:19 AM
It just couldn't be any better!!!

Beautiful detail Tom.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you very much. I appreciate the kind compliment on the layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on January 11, 2020, 01:10:11 PM
Tom

The scenery looks great - it just ties everything together to make the scene. Mighty fine work my friend.

John,

Your kind compliment is much appreciated. All the comments from forum members keeps me going on the thread and layout.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Jaime was commenting in one of his build threads about water stains on dirt roads. This is an easy fix if you follow my suggestion.

I recently did an area with some new scenery and the water and matte medium left stains on the dirt road. I used Scenic Express Medium Natural Dirt for the road the first time around. You can see the water stains in the photo below.

To fix the staining, I used Scenic Express Fine Natural Dirt.

Continued in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used a 1 inch wide soft brush and dipped it in the fine dirt.

I then "painted" the fine dirt on top of the water stains and blended it in all directions across the water stain.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here is the result after "painting" the fine dirt on the road.

This is really easy peasy.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I also added a few more trees to the Sokols area.

The country store and post office is behind the large tree. The country store is a  CCK kit by Jeff Grove.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I next moved to the dirt road where it comes of the Tahope Hwy.

Before -

After -

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com