FSM Emporium Seafood Co

Started by postalkarl, October 31, 2019, 04:15:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hi Guys:

Am starting Emporium Seafood Co today. We will be doing this A little differently this time. This will not be built as a diorama. It will be built as separate structures so it will be easier to install on my friends layout. I also don't want to do the water at this time. That way all the water can be done at the sdame time and will look the same.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Am staining all the structure walls with Floquil Driftwood stain per the instructions.

Karl

S&S RR

Karl

I will be following along, as aways. Keep up the good work my friend.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Opa George

I love the waterfront structures and will certainly be following along!
--George

postalkarl

Hey John S and Opa George:

Glad to have you along for the ride. Walls are coated with two coats of Floquil Driftwood stain. Used almost halt the bottle.

Here's A Pic.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Jerry

As always a great start Karl.

But lets see the kit was 195.00  and the Driftwood Stain should be about 300.00 a bottle.
And you used half.

So you in about 300.45!!!  ;)

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Bruce Oberleitner

Yo Karl,
Looks like another winner in the making.  I sure hope you have a bunch of bottles of  "Driftwood" stain still available.  My collection dried up a long time ago.

;D ;D ;D

bandman

Really like this kit, Karl.  Look forward to seeing what you do with the parts.

Horton

ReadingBob

I've been tempted to pull this one out of the stash and build it for quite some time now so I'll certainly have two eyes on this build.   :o  It's going to be a lot of fun to follow along with your build Karl!   :D  :D  :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

I'm here and following along.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Curt, Jerry, Bruce, Horton, Bob B and Tom:

Glad to have you guys along for the ride. This is actually the second time I've built this kit. But it some years ago for another friend but not as a waterfront model. It was built on the ground fro him. This time also not building it on base as my friend Jon thought iit wold be easier to install into a waterfront if not on the base.

Karl

postalkarl

Hey All:

Got some work on this done today. Main building walls are prepared and assembled. Painted, Windows with shades & Doors, signs and light weathering have been applied.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Instructions say to spray the windows & doors with Driftwood stain using an airbrush I suppose. Don't have one of thiose anymore so I had to figure something else out. You guessed it went to the Ace hardware. Used Rustoleum perfect gray Spray paint. They came out pretty close I think. I'm satisfied.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Wow you're quick. Looks great Karl.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision