Mail Collection Box Colors

Started by Dave K., April 21, 2018, 06:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: Dave K. on April 23, 2018, 12:23:53 PM
I really like the red/blue color scheme, whether it's prototypical or not. It's quickly recognizable to visitors that it's a US Mail box, and adds a splash of color. Of course, rivet-counters would drag me over the coals, and I suppose it would be a detriment if ever entered a contest. Then again, I'm not modeling a specific era ... even use advertising signs that, while not obscenely far apart on the timeline, would still be frowned upon by some.  I guess the adage, "It's my railroad" would apply here.

Hear!  Hear! 

I always figured that when I do finally build a layout I'm going to model April 28th, 1957 at 2:24 p.m.  Give or take forty years.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

jimmillho

Quote from: ReadingBob on April 23, 2018, 02:08:35 PM
I really like the red/blue color scheme, whether it's prototypical or not. It's quickly recognizable to visitors that it's a US Mail box, and adds a splash of color. Of course, rivet-counters would drag me over the coals, and I suppose it would be a detriment if ever entered a contest. Then again, I'm not modeling a specific era ... even use advertising signs that, while not obscenely far apart on the timeline, would still be frowned upon by some.  I guess the adage, "It's my railroad" would apply here.

Hear!  Hear! 

I always figured that when I do finally build a layout I'm going to model April 28th, 1957 at 2:24 p.m.  Give or take forty years.   ;)

I read that it rained pretty hard on that day and time. :o :o :o

Jim

postalkarl

Bob:

In answer to your question we had employees who just did collections. I used to do it on Sundays to get overtime.

Karl

Dave K.

Detail from a Shorpy pic, North Adams, MA 1908.

ACL1504

Quote from: jimmillho on April 23, 2018, 02:30:00 PM
Quote from: ReadingBob on April 23, 2018, 02:08:35 PM

Hear!  Hear! 

I read that it rained pretty hard on that day and time. :o :o :o

Jim

At that day and time Reading Bob was probably in Pennsylvania, so it could have been a late snow fall. Just saying.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com