Something to ponder... How about a New Year's winter build challenge.

Started by Raymo, December 25, 2017, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

I discussed this with a few people at the EXPO and figured this would be a good time to ask.  My thoughts were it would run from New Years day to April 15th, Tax Day here in the states. 6"X 6"building or smaller, but if you want to build a building flat that's 2"X 12" or a building that's 3"X 8" that's OK too. Detail, modify, add lighting on to it as much as you want or build it straight out of the box. Doesn't have to be a diorama, but if you want too that's fine if you want to go that far. We all have plenty of these small kits stuffed in a box or on a shelf, so lets get some build threads going on this forum and help winter go by a little bit faster.  If there's plenty of interest, I'll start a thread on the Contest Thread Board. Let me know what you think.... Raymo

Zephyrus52246

I'm in, once I get the two locomotive decoder installs finished.   :)

Jeff

S&S RR

It sounds good to me, I'm in. I need a signal tower for my Eagles Nest Yard.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

S&S RR

There sure seems to be more pondering than committing going on here. Where are all the modelers?
John Siekirk

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

jerryrbeach

Count me in.  I may get a late start as my bench is tied up with rolling stock right now.
Jerry

S&S RR

John Siekirk

ReadingBob

Welcome aboard Whiskyriver.  :D

I'm still pondering the contest.  I have one build in progress and several more lined up.  Most are too big to fit in the allotted time frame even if I started one right now (but I'd rather finish up what's on my workbench first).  I'll keep pondering though.   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Polux

madharry

I have pondered. Searching my stash of kits initially revealed the majority to be FSM, SRMW and FOS limited editions and way to big for the challenge size-wise. However I have uncovered a Bar Mills "1 of 500" kit which having researched shingled structures in Norway could be re-purposed.

So I'm in too.

Mike

S&S RR

John Siekirk