Railroad Related Videos from the Net

Started by GPdemayo, December 23, 2017, 08:52:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Hi all.....I thought I'd start a thread where we could share railroad related videos that we have run across that would be of interest to the rest of us.

I'll start off with a historical video of Grand Central Terminal in New York City. It is about 45 min. and has tons of background info on the NYC railroad and the building of the structure.

As a bit of background on this station.....I was involved in the restoration because of a client of mine from Yonkers. They had me do the structural steel, concrete, framing and finishes estimates when they bid the job back in the 90's.

I still have the huge role of blueprints from the project that shows all the floors, including the 2 levels of tracks.

Hope y'all enjoy.

Greg

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Thanks John.....here's one you might like.

It is a 23 min. film shot in the 1920's Ozark's of Missouri for the T.J. Moss Co., the largest supplier of railroad ties in the latter 1800's and early 1900's. It includes video of the entire process from felling the trees, sending downriver, loading onto railroad cars to ship to the sawmill for cutting, the creosoting process and delivery to the customers.

It has a ton of great old railroad related sequences and if you like logging and small railroads, check it out.

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

Janbouli

I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

I came across this video of the restoration of the Flying Scotsman.....thought Mike (madharry) might enjoy it.

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

donatode

GPdemayo

This one's for the logging, donkey engine and geared loco fans from 1936 - "God's Country and the Woman".

I couldn't find a video of the full movie, for free, but the link is for the trailer.

I saw this one the other night on TCM.....the story line is right out of the 30's, but the action in the lumber camps and on the logging railroad is great.

Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

tct855

What's it say about me when I've seen all these films before and yet I still clicked on each and watched again. :(
I'm either a train nut like the rest or an avid you tuber like all the rest.  ;D
I got trains to build, now that I'm behind again.  ???
Thanx Thom... Nice thread tho!