2020 Build Challenge - FOS Phone Booths

Started by ReadingBob, March 22, 2020, 11:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReadingBob

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 22, 2020, 06:19:00 PM
Well done  8) .....and built at Greg speed.....glad someone is, I'm certainly not.  :-[

Thanks Greg.  I did cheat a bit by building the smallest kit imaginable.   ;)  For a tiny kit it did present a bit of a challenge though.   :o 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ReadingBob

Quote from: PaulS on March 22, 2020, 09:13:58 PM
Very nice Bob, and quickly done as well .....    As if you were Superman, but then wouldn't you have needed the phone booth first ?..

Ah well, something to ponder.
Thanks for sharing, stay healthy and be well
--Paul

Thanks Paul!  You stay healthy and be well too.  I wish I had a little superman to stand outside one of these.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: Opa George on March 23, 2020, 07:02:54 AM
Nice quick build with great results.  I searched for telephone booth images and found a library of photos at gettyimages.co.uk.  Dropped "telephone booth" into the search field and brought up quite a few images. Most have identifying dates.  I did see some from the mid-late 1950s in the style modeled above.   Older ones appeared to be in wood.
--Opa George

Thanks for the compliment Opa George and thanks so much for confirming that these would be acceptable in the mid to late 50's!  I really appreciate the help.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

jbvb

Nice. I remember the aluminum/acrylic phone booths looking pretty new in the early 1960s, when I first noticed them.  And there were still wood/glass booths around, indoors at least in downtown Boston.  A quick search didn't turn up a date of introduction (the British are exact about theirs), just roughly mid-50s.
James

ACL1504

Bob,

Very nicely done! Cheater, cheater, I'm gonna tell teacher on you! :-\ :-\

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

madharry

Nice modelling Bob. The old red ones are still seen in the UK. They are not used for communication anymore though. Most contain a defibrillator to help in "staying alive"..............
Mike

ReadingBob

Quote from: jbvb on March 23, 2020, 09:50:25 AM
Nice. I remember the aluminum/acrylic phone booths looking pretty new in the early 1960s, when I first noticed them.  And there were still wood/glass booths around, indoors at least in downtown Boston.  A quick search didn't turn up a date of introduction (the British are exact about theirs), just roughly mid-50s.

Thanks for the info James!  Yeah, mine are probably a little dirtier than they should be for the era I plan on using them in.  I still haven't found an aluminum paint (I was using Model Masters Acrylic for this one) that really looks like aluminum to my eye. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 23, 2020, 09:58:58 AM
Bob,

Very nicely done! Cheater, cheater, I'm gonna tell teacher on you! :-\ :-\

Tom  ;D

Oh no!  Don't tell Raymo on me!   ;)

Thanks Tom!  For a little kit these proved to be a bit of challenge.  I'll bring one along with me next time I come down.  If I can find room in the car for it.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

ReadingBob

Quote from: madharry on March 23, 2020, 10:42:41 AM
Nice modelling Bob. The old red ones are still seen in the UK. They are not used for communication anymore though. Most contain a defibrillator to help in "staying alive"..............
Mike

Thanks Mike!  What a great idea for a 'repurpose' of old phone booths over in the UK.  Someday, obviously not anytime soon, the wife and I would like to take a trip and visit Ireland.  That's at least four years out though.  Hopefully we'll be able to do it then. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

Lynnb

Nice work on the phone booth , probably was more work than you thought.  :)
Try to find an in service pay phone now adays.
Ontario, Canada
The Great White North

My Layout Venture-> https://modelersforum.com/index.php?topic=6003.0

ReadingBob

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net