Backwoods NE in Florida

Started by cuse, December 21, 2013, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

John

Looking great.  Can you check the last batch of pictures that you posted.  I get a downloadable only url and no picture.  The pictures at the top of the page are fine.  I did download the pictures and it works fine but I don't understand what you did different. To be clear - I download the pictures to my computer and then viewed the downloaded file.  Is anyone else having this problem?  This is a first.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

All I see of the latest pictures is a paperclip and IMG.  When downloaded they are HEIC files, which I cannot open.  ???

Jeff

Janbouli

Quote from: S&S RR on May 27, 2020, 08:27:36 PM
John

Looking great.  Can you check the last batch of pictures that you posted.  I get a downloadable only url and no picture.  The pictures at the top of the page are fine.  I did download the pictures and it works fine but I don't understand what you did different. To be clear - I download the pictures to my computer and then viewed the downloaded file.  Is anyone else having this problem?  This is a first.
Same here.
I love photo's, don't we all.

deemery

John, here's the problem with the recent pictures:  Apple changed the default format for photos on iDevices from JPEG to HEIC.  The problem is that neither the forum nor a lot of people's web browsers can handle the new format. 

So what you need to do is open the photo in something like Preview.app and do "Export to" and select JPEG.  And here's how to change the default on your phone: https://www.techjunkie.com/heic-to-jpeg-iphone/  That link also shows how to convert formats on the iPhone/iPad.

A lot of high school kids got burned by this on the AP exams, where they had to send in a picture of their work and the College Board who runs the test couldn't handle the HEIC format.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

cuse

thanks guys, especially Dave, for the details...I did just get a new Apple desktop and solving it would have never happened on my own. Thanks...I'll try to spend some time with it later on.

John

S&S RR

Quote from: deemery on May 28, 2020, 09:47:20 AM
John, here's the problem with the recent pictures:  Apple changed the default format for photos on iDevices from JPEG to HEIC.  The problem is that neither the forum nor a lot of people's web browsers can handle the new format. 

So what you need to do is open the photo in something like Preview.app and do "Export to" and select JPEG.  And here's how to change the default on your phone: https://www.techjunkie.com/heic-to-jpeg-iphone/  That link also shows how to convert formats on the iPhone/iPad.

A lot of high school kids got burned by this on the AP exams, where they had to send in a picture of their work and the College Board who runs the test couldn't handle the HEIC format.

dave

Dave

I have been using the "export to" with the *.jpeg option to reduce the size of my iPhone pictures so I never got burned by this one. Thank you for the information.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

postalkarl

Hi All:

Hope everyone is having a great day down in Fl.

Karl

cuse

Thank you Karl...had a productive day yesterday and today...but nothing train related. Vilius has packed up Dead Horse Bay and I've finished it's resting place. Will certainly post pics when I get it nested in.

John

cuse

Let's see if I can post my pics again...

cuse

More... Foscale's Dead Horse Bay was built by the great and powerful Vilius. I was very excited to get the big box and get to planting it. I've discovered that I like to take highly detailed masterpieces and make the viewer work to see them. The trees block the view, but the poor foreground lighting was unintentional and i think I will have to put a little LED strip along the front fascia to really feature this structure and the (as yet unbuilt) Doverton Wharf that will reside in the vacant mountaintop lot next door....John

cuse

More...and thanks again for the helpful advice about converting my pics to a format that works here...

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

cuse

More

Zephyrus52246

Looks very natural in that spot.  Glad to hear Vilius is still building wonderful structures.

Jeff

Jerry

John a beautiful scene for sure.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln