SP RR

Started by sdrees, January 30, 2016, 10:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Cuse on February 24, 2016, 06:24:37 AM
Nice work Steve...It's interesting to me to see how people with a plan and discipline build their layouts  ;D

John

Steve,

You sure are fast!  I never had a plan and probably don't have much discipline. I do have a whole bunch of redo in me.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

Frank, I need to finish the bench work up, get it leveled and start the track bed.  I am going to try to use spline roadbed made out of 1/4" Masonite.  If it doesn't work out well then it is Plan B

John and Tom, When you have a plan, you make mistakes along the way and screw things up and then you still have to redo them though.  Maybe not as much though.

Eric thanks for you nice comment.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Twist67

Hi,
you´re doing fantastic benchwork. It´s looking straight and clean. Great work.

Regards,Chris

sdrees

Thanks for the compliment Chris.
Steve Drees
SP RR

sdrees

OK The bench work is complete.  The furniture levelers came today in the mail and I installed them where the longer stem was needed.  I also leveled the top surface and squared up the bench work and I am now ready for the next phase.
Steve Drees
SP RR

donatode

Impressive!!!  Fast AND Neat.....

sdrees

Thanks Donato, Now everyone will see how the next phase will go, track work and wiring and I hope just as neat and fast.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Erieman

Steve,

Progress is looking great. I might just have to take a drive down and see it in person.

Frank / Erieman

Zephyrus52246

Nice benchwork!

Jeff

sdrees

Come on down Frank.

Thanks for your nice comment.

Steve Drees
SP RR

S&S RR

Steve

The benchwork and plan look great.  I will be following your progress.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

sdrees

I guess the good stuff starts now John.  thanks for your nice comments
Steve Drees
SP RR

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on February 27, 2016, 09:10:44 PM
I guess the good stuff starts now John.  thanks for your nice comments

Steve,

Fantastic bench work. The fun definitely starts now.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

sdrees

I started work on the sub roadbed.  I prefabbed the risers and cleats for the railroad yard as shown in the first picture.  They were then set in place with clamps, leveled and screwed in place with one screw.  The plywood is sitting on the risers and cleats in picture 3.  The next step is to screw the plywood in place check that is level and make final adjustments with the risers and add more screws to hold the riser.

There will be a helix built on the end closes to the camera to get to the lower level.   
Steve Drees
SP RR

jimmillho

Now that is some good looking bench work.

Jim