Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Dennis

Thanks for stopping by the thread and following along with my modeling journey.  I hope you decide to stick with your modeling and that it helps you recover from that horrible accident that you and your wife are recovering from.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dennis Bourey

THANK YOU JOHN, FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS AND THINGS YOU DO...............Dennis
Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Update: Today, I installed tortoise machine number 30 of 58 for the layout expansion.  I also reassembled the three control panels that I have finished, after staining, and got a long ways towards finishing the fourth and fifty control panels.  I will try to post some pictures, tomorrow. I mentioned that I ordered some .06 Lexon plexiglass for the control panels to replace the .093 material about a week ago.  This was the way to go. The touch controls work much better and it is much easier to work with.  I cut it with tin snips with no problems. Don't try this with the cheaper Lexon "like" plexiglass materials. 
John Siekirk

postalkarl

John:

All looks great. Especially love the photo with all the ore cars.

Karl

S&S RR

Quote from: postalkarl on August 17, 2019, 06:48:48 PM
John:

All looks great. Especially love the photo with all the ore cars.

Karl

Karl

Thank you for the kind words and stopping by this build thread. As soon as I get this expansion operational (this winter), I plan on getting all the rolling stock out that I've acquired over the years, running things up, and taking inventory. It's going to be fun to fill up a few of the tracks in Superior Yard with rolling stock.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: Today, I pulled the wires for the DCC system - two 40 foot J-12 wires got me into the new area. I'm trying to get away with one more booster for the radio control system. There will be a plug in location every twelve feet along the facia. Also made the pieces for the fifth control panel and cut and installed more moldings. Tomorrow, I will get back at the tortoise machine installations and start the drops for the track power. Sorry, no pictures today, I was on a roll and didn't take time to get the camera out.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Tonight, we have a real progress photograph, I didn't even clean up the tools. Today,  I installed the 12 tortoise machines under the South Superior Yard, and started wiring them to the control panel.  To the right you can see the three completed control panels.

John Siekirk

Janbouli

Not only is your modeling great , your benchwork looks like a professional furniture maker made it , museum quality.
I love photo's, don't we all.

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

jimmillho

Jerry

Holy sh*t Batman can we ever get through this maze??

John you lost me after the first wire.  Your wiring expertise is amazing!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

Quote from: Janbouli on August 19, 2019, 07:45:51 PM
Not only is your modeling great , your benchwork looks like a professional furniture maker made it , museum quality.

Jan

Thank you for the kind words - I'm trying to make the railroad blend into the living space in this room.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk