Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricQuebec

jimmillho

Quote from: EricQuebec on November 18, 2019, 05:06:51 PM
Ditto
Eric

Ditto, Ditto.   or is it Ditto Also.  Either way that is a great weathering job John.

Jim

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 18, 2019, 08:59:14 AM
Neat sign.

Thank you Curt - it is the sign that comes with the kit with appropriate weathering.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Tom, Eric, and Jim

Thank you for the kind words. Now, to start putting this thing together and see what we get.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

I completed the walls sections for the Fox Run build today and started putting the subassemblies together.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Yes, I make sure it is clamped absolutely square until the glue dries.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also got started on the Swankhammer stone walls.  First, step, after the primer, is to fill the mortar joints with the mortar gray pigment.  I use alcohol to get the pigment where I want it and don't worry about getting some on the faces of the stones.  After it dries I get it off the faces with an eraser - and any that remains is covered by the next steps of the process.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I started adding the coloring to the stone faces on this small casting near the end of the day. It all comes together with the big fluffy brush at the end of the process.

John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Quote from: PRR Modeler on November 19, 2019, 09:17:24 AM
Very nice looking stone work.

Thank you Curt. I'm trying to document each step of the process for future reference.

John Siekirk

postalkarl

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Lots of subassemblies for the Fox Run build on the workbench, today. Next step will be glueing them all together on the baseboard. I will be doing all of the detail work on the workbench on the baseboard.

John Siekirk

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR