Janbouli's Home Layout The Kannewton & CC

Started by Janbouli, September 11, 2014, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janbouli

On top of the foam a 4mm layer of cork, saw and especially heard what cork can do to noise.

Laid the track  on the cork, just pinned down to see if I like this.

I love photo's, don't we all.

rslaserkits

Janbouli

I got a lot of comments on the track curved this way around the station , I too believe it wouldn't be done this way, any idea's ?

gnatshop

Quote from: Janbouli on November 26, 2014, 03:20:11 PM
I got a lot of comments on the track curved this way around the station , I too believe it wouldn't be done this way, any idea's ?
The real world is full of weird configuratations!!
A real world truth, though!!  As soon as you change it, someone will send you a picture of a prototype!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Zephyrus52246

There would have to be a reason to curve the track here.  A natural object (water, rock) or a structure or structures that couldn't be moved.  I think it looks OK, and with scenery in place will look much less noticeable.

Jeff

Janbouli

New situation after some rearrangements, I think it looks more natural now. Also added some buildings that I think will look good here.

cuse

I like it Jan. Curves are always good  ::)

That's a lot of real estate in Normal scale

John

gnatshop

Quote from: Cuse on November 27, 2014, 07:14:29 PM
I like it Jan. Curves are always good  ::)
John 
OK, this is for Cuse!!

LongHornCaddy

Looking good! I like the placement of the hotel

Janbouli

Final trackplan of this section, now for my achilles heel , wiring , does it matter where I connect an autoreverser and does it matter where the track is isolated , what's better between the turnout and the curves or somewhere further in the curves.

cuse

I was told to make the feeders as close to the joint as possible (on both sides of joints) to ensure there was enough "juice" to make the reverser pop! You may recall my wiring problems went away immediately upon upgrading to a more powerful digitrax system.

good luck...it worked beautifully once I got it solved.

John

Janbouli

From the Dutch forum I understand that I only have to isolate one of those red tracks , and that part of track should be longer then any consist I put on thetracks.

Powersteamguy1790

Quote from: Janbouli on November 30, 2014, 05:22:10 PM
From the Dutch forum I understand that I only have to isolate one of those red tracks , and that part of track should be longer then any consist I put on thetracks.

Thats correct Jan. :) How long is either section marked in red?

Stay cool and run steam..... 8) 8)

Janbouli

Both are about the length of a piece of flextrack.

On Nscale.net soemone told me I could isolate the whole branch and hook that up to the AR, like this

jbvb

I'd put the whole tail of the wye (branch) on the AR too.
James