Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Here is a photograph of the work that is going on in the future site of the town of Sellios.  I'm raising the mainline through town by 3/4 of inch. I'm also creating some negative elevation change by cutting through the benchwork from my original layout. The river bed has been lowered by 1 1/2 inches. A water tight base board will be attached underneath to form the riverbed.  I will be able to have elevation changes throughout the town of 6 1/2 inches.  I think it's going to make things a lot more interesting. Each of the 3/4 inch plywood building site bases that you see is removable, so it can go to the workbench for construction. The elevation can be adjusted by shims resting on the original layout benchwork you see along the bank of the riverbed. As the design progresses, I will post some of the pictures I have marked up on my iPad.  I think I enjoy the design aspect of this as much as the build.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

John,

The town of Sellios will be interesting with the elevation changes. The raised roadbed is a great idea and change. Great stuff here my friend.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 14, 2020, 07:38:41 AM
John,

The town of Sellios will be interesting with the elevation changes. The raised roadbed is a great idea and change. Great stuff here my friend.

Tom ;D

Tom

Thank you for following along and the kind words.  I'm really enjoying the design process.
John Siekirk

MAP

Mark

S&S RR

Quote from: MAP on January 14, 2020, 04:29:42 PM
Really coming along nicely John!

Mark

Thank you for the kind words and for following along. I hope to make some more progress, today.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

It's good to see the pictures back in this thread! I will try to post some updates later today.  It looks like Jimmy still has the gallery turned off so I will try posting directly and see if I can get good results. Stay tuned. Jimmy good luck in finding out what has been causing our data base problems.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Yesterday, I completed the roofing process on the main structures for Swakhammers.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The post above is using my MacBook Pro - you have to click on the picture to see any detail. This is the reason I have always used the gallery to post my pictures.
John Siekirk

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I have also been working on the mainline in the town of Sellios, getting ready to plant the wonderful Avram's build from Bob Butts.  Here are a few progress pictures.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The hole has been cut for the baseboard that Bob used.  Now I need to do some shimming to get the track at the correct level to match my new track level.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The plant location for Avram's.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

An overall view of the space that will become the town of Sellios.

John Siekirk

Jerry

John the pictures are great.

Nice job on that roof.

And the town of Sellios is shaping up nicely.

Looking forward to new developments in the town.  As always beautiful work.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln