Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Quote from: Jerry on January 17, 2020, 09:14:17 AM
John the pictures are great.

Nice job on that roof.

And the town of Sellios is shaping up nicely.

Looking forward to new developments in the town.  As always beautiful work.

Jerry

Jerry

Thank you for the kind words and for following along. My plan is to complete the structures and scenery for the Eagles Nest Yard, and then start working on more of the structures for Sellios. I do plan on a Brick Roundhouse build for the Superior Yard after I complete what is on my workbench.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

For the past couple of days I have been taking progress pictures but I'm hold off posting until I get the green light from Jimmy on the forum repairs.  How is it going Jimmy?
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update: It looks like Jimmy turned the gallery back on but I'm still having issues.  I can add pictures to the gallery but when I try to display them I only get about 1/3 of the page.  The blowup of the picture and the BB code that I cut and paste into my threads for the pictures is not showing up. More help please, Jimmy!

My 2 cents on the database error is that it seemed to go away for me on my iPad and iPhone with the latest upgrade to the operating system. I have never had a problem with my MacBook Pro.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The picture above is a progress picture on the Swankhammer's build that I had loaded in the Gallery.  I will update the thread and get caught up in the next few days. Thank you Jimmy for all the hard work you do keeping the forum going. I will sleep better knowing we have the gallery back. ;D
John Siekirk

S&S RR

Update:  It's been a week or so since I have actually updated this thread. First, the track work changes for the town of Sellios and planting the Avram's Bakery build that Bob Butts built for the S&S RR.

It all got started like this - a true build thread progress picture.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

The changes accomplished four things, raised the mainline track level 3/4 of inch. widened the river and lowered the river level 1 and 1/2 inches, changed the path of the river, and planted the Bob Butts Avram's Bakery build.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Establishing the level for the Avram's build is easy. I just remove the baseboard in that area and shim it to the 2x4 frame to establish the correct level for the siding track.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Levels corrected, just need to screw everything down and add the cork roadbed and track.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Each of the builds that will make up the town of Sellios will be added in the same way. I can now add negative elevation or go up from the mainline as required.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

This change in the mainline also allows me to put the tortoise machines in from the top as I mentioned earlier in this thread.  Here is another installation - so much easier than climbing underneath the layout to install them from underneath. I just cover the hole with a piece of cardboard and add the sand and ballast.  A picture shows me where to find the screws if I need to replace the turnout or the tortoise machine in the future.  In most cases I could get at the tortoise machine from underneath, if necessary.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

I also made some progress with the Swakhammer's (now Grandpa John after my dad) Welding build.  Here is were I'm at today.  I need to go back and see if I need to add some progress pictures. The main structure has been added to the baseboard and I'm ready to start adding all those wonderful details.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture of the LED installation just before I added the structures to the baseboard.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

A couple different angles of the main structures. These are my markup photos before I start the detailing work.

John Siekirk