Early Arrivals Dinner?

Started by Dave K., October 21, 2017, 10:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Do we have a procedure for checking in for dinner when we arrive.  Who should I call? 
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

Should we pick a time to gather in the lobby? We could take a head count and then hit the phone list. Ideas, all?

donatode

I'm in for the lobby muster.....just let me know the time.

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Dave K.

I'm on Central Time, so whatever time works for you all. 7? 6?

plandry

Slim Jerkins

I know I mentioned Primanti's as far as a possible dinner venue. They're sports-themed, TV's on the wall, tables that can get pushed together and you don't have to worry about being too loud. Just throwing it out there. I have no preference. Some folks like to stick with national chains, others go for local color.

Not 100% sure what Lisa and I are doing regarding dinner yet. Depends on what I can get done in the next few hours.

-slim

Dave K.

We'll check on youse guys and everyone else on the list before we head anywhere. Think that place can take a dozen or do on a weeknight without advance arrangements? Safe travels!

deemery

Quote from: Slim Jerkins on October 31, 2017, 07:06:13 PM
I know I mentioned Primanti's as far as a possible dinner venue. They're sports-themed, TV's on the wall, tables that can get pushed together and you don't have to worry about being too loud. Just throwing it out there. I have no preference. Some folks like to stick with national chains, others go for local color.

Not 100% sure what Lisa and I are doing regarding dinner yet. Depends on what I can get done in the next few hours.

-slim
And no Stillers game this weekend, so the crowd won't be as large and there'll be flexibility for what games get shown on TV.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

gleiphart

Please don't forget the others staying at the Holiday Inn and possible other lodgings. My wife and I will not be making the dinner. We will be arriving at the Holiday Inn around 4ish and plan to do Red Lobster. (Endless shrimp, I believe)

Dave K.

We'll go off the posts above and those that contacted me directly...chime in if interested, all. 👍🏻

Dave K.

How's 'bout we start loitering in the lobby 6-ish?

Dave K.

Gonna catch some zzzzz (2:30 am was nuts!). There's a good-sized gathering place beyond the lobby. I'll have a rose in my lapel. 😜

ReadingBob

Just got checked in myself.   6ish sounds good to me.  I look like my avatar (but with a short beard).  ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Dave K.

Looks like lots of chow choices close by. Saw the Primanti's Slim mentioned.