The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 4

Started by ACL1504, May 31, 2021, 01:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I removed all structures and equipment from the area.

I painted white glue to the areas between the tracks and added Scenic Express Medium Dirt, some grass and weeds.

The next day I sprayed/misted the area with warm water and then used a large plastic eye dropper to add matte medium as a gluing agent to hold the dirt, grass and weeds.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Over several days, I worked towards the roundhouse/turntable area.

I marked where the NJ International brass water columns were located and added ballast and scenery around the area.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I did the same around the coaling tower.

The test car is one I made after seeing one in a magazine. I built mine for less that $2.00 as the one in the magazine cost $15.00. This is a car to test and make sure no ballast is dried to the rails. It there is, I use this car to find it and remove it so I have smooth track for the locomotives.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com