2020 build challenge - wharf and cannery

Started by Mark Dalrymple, January 01, 2020, 06:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldguy

Good work.  I can almost smell the salt air.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteI just got caught up with your build. Fantastic work and I love the design

Thanks, John.

It is a very neat structure.  Next is to work out the heights of the different buildings.  There is nothing to give me a definite gauge in the photos.  I think I just need to draw up the front elevation and then tweak things until they look right.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteThose waves really came to life, Mark. Nice job.  I'm coming back to these pics for inspiration when I work in my water area

Thanks, George.

I take that as a great compliment.  Here is the link to Troel's youtube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtXDlS0Tdg

He uses a slightly different product and I believe the gel he uses is thicker giving you the ability to give the water more action.  I have used this product for water on a canal scene several years ago and it still looks the same.  There has been no yellowing over time.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteThis is really great stuff. The water and sea grass look fantastic. Did I mention you make it look easy.

Again, really fantastic work on this.

Thanks, Tom.

For the Inglletown section (across the peninsula) I think I'll try to find exactly the same product as Troels uses and get some bigger wave action on the beaches.  I don't know about making it look easy.  I have been worried about ruining what I have done so far with every new step - but so far everything has turned out OK.  The four little plaster piles were the trickiest to do.  They were so fragile.

Cheers, Mark.

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteGood work.  I can almost smell the salt air.

Thanks, Bob.

It was actually fun work.  I'm a bit more confident now and am keen to have a go at some bigger waves.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hey Mark:

All looks just great sofar. Can't wait to see some more of this project.

Karl

Mark Dalrymple

QuoteAll looks just great so far. Can't wait to see some more of this project.

Thanks Karl.

I've started work on the front elevation drawing. Rather time consuming, but it feels like a long time since I've done any technical drawing, and I'm enjoying it.

Cheers, Mark.