Started by Zephyrus52246, August 31, 2014, 03:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

Hey Jeff:

All I can say is WOW!!!!!

Karl

ACL1504

Jeff,

Well done on it all. Love the bridges though.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

Jeff

Really looking good. Love the elevation change.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

It's been a busy 2 months here.  In the middle of November, I sold the pool table that's in it's own room here in the basement. 

Zephyrus52246

The kids/grandkids were coming in three weeks.  My youngest has to sleep on an air mattress when she comes home and everyone's here, so instead, I ordered and built a Murphy bed for her.  I also ordered a larger TV for myself.  Transforming the room.

Zephyrus52246

What does this have to do with the layout?  Well, the elliptical and TV/chairs were in the second layout room, which is now more open.  I may expand in here at a later date.  Running a pennisula down the center of the room and moving the yard to the empty wall (the printer desk will need to disappear). 

Jeff

S&S RR

Jeff

I love to see an expanding railroad.  Congratulations on the acquisition of more real estate. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

It's good to have options.....nice loco on the TV.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Jeff, 

More expansion and room works very well in planning more railroad space. Go for it.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Zephyrus:

The layout room is looking good. Keep the photos coming.

Karl

Zephyrus52246

The FSM diorama is in it's place next to the new siding.   It's removable, as I need to do all the work behind it on the layout, but I really wanted to do an FSM kit, and it fit well here.  There will be an oil loading facility where the mug with the file in it is at.  Lots of work to do here, but first...

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

I was tired of looking at this unfinished area.  I added the front and overhead fascias.  Next up is to paint them black, I found the paint, but will do that another day.  The top piece doesn't curve well, I should have started in the middle of the area and curved both ends out, but you live and learn.  The width is a trial, I think it might look better a couple of inches lower, but don't want to hit my head on it when rerailing/coupling cars, etc.  We'll see how it works out.   These are before and after pics.

Jeff

Zephyrus52246

Next up is a big thank you to John Seikirk.  His description of how he built his control panels helped me figure out how to do these.  I use the Barrett Hill toggles like he does.  I couldn't figure out how to mount them.  His technique worked well here.  This is just a picture frame, but I think in the future I'll build these like he described.  Thanks again, John!

Jeff

PRR Modeler

Excellent work Jeff.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

ACL1504

Jeff,
I agree, very well done. fascia looks good.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com