Pennsylvania K4 Repaint

Started by ACL1504, March 17, 2020, 05:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandOGuy

If you owe yourself $180.00 so far, you have our permission to spend it on any train related "stuff" you want or need.
Great tutorial although I had hope for the B&O Pacific this round.
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

ACL1504

Chip,

Thanks for stopping by. That money is allocated for more Micro Engineering Code 83 flex track. 8)

Didn't you say you had a United/PFM 2-8-0 consolidation? That loco is the next in the A&S paint shop..

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

RWL

Tom,

Nice conversation the other day, thanks for the call! Acetone on an old Floquil job at $45.00 an hour, Methylethylketone, cut your time by 2/3rds. By the way, nice step by step and videos too.

Bob

tct855

ACL 1504,
               Wow!, that's a lot of parts.  How do you keep track of all those pieces and not get them mixed up?  You brass builders are miniature Einsteins or something.  Goooood luck putting all those little pieces back together in the right order.  I'll be watching this master class tutorial real close.
                                                                                                                                                         KP-out...

GPdemayo

Enjoyed the video..... 8)  I'm glad to see you've kept that signature tripod bounce of yours at the end of this video too.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Tom,

As usual. I'm following along.  I really appreciate the step by step and how explicit you are with your descriptions of the process.
Jerry

Bruce Oberleitner

Hey Tom,
I saw your K4 video yesterday and you've got some good tricks on tuning up steam locomotive mechanisms.  Also, the City of Miami running in the rainstorm was a pretty cool video as well.

Hope you and the babe are doing well.

;D ;D ;D

bparrish

Tom..............

You talked about how you owe yourself 180 bux..............  My first thought is.......... who is your collections enforcer?  Hope he does not rough up up too much.

Then, right after that............... so what.............  If you conduct business anything like I do...........

You lose a little on every deal but you can make it up in volume.

So much for Bob's school of advanced business.

see ya
Bob
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

deemery

"You can make much more money with oats before they go through the horse."

That's what I learned about business economics ;D

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Zephyrus52246

Great video.  Thanks for posting it.  I think I may know of a certain locomotive Mr. Driggers was talking about.   ::)

Jeff

bparrish

Dave..........

It's been a long time since I heard that one.

When I first came to Idaho in '74 I had a bunch of critters on some ground that I had purchased south of Nampa, SW of Boise.

There was a feed and grain place in Nampa that I had found with this really cool old gent who had run the place for over 50 years then and hadn't wound his watch for years before that.  He had an expression for everything.   I was in his store just passing the time of day and a guy came in for some mixed grain with oats.   He sniveled about the price and Butch told him to go around back to the manure pile as the oats were cheaper there.

On a thread that I started a day or two ago about what you are doing with your sequestered time....... there is a Mack bulldog AC dump truck with Borchert's Coal on the dump box.  This is after Butch Borchert as he sold coal also.

Stuff like this can only happen in a small town.............. I went to town to buy a ton of #2 slacker coal for a friend in a town way south of Nampa...  Butch dumped part of a load into my truck on one side and then went around to dump the second half into the truck.   He had a loader that looked like a fork lift with a dump bucket.

He told me to go around to the scale to settle up.  He said, "I might have given you too much, that looks like 2008 pounds.   I scaled it out....... it was 2006.   He said. "my mistake, the extra six are on me".

That guy had shuffled a lot of coal..

I was amazed
Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Wow looks like a lot of work. I'm following along.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: RWL on March 20, 2020, 10:19:58 PM

Tom,

Nice conversation the other day, thanks for the call! Acetone on an old Floquil job at $45.00 an hour, Methylethylketone, cut your time by 2/3rds. By the way, nice step by step and videos too.

Bob

Bob,

Yes, nice conversation the other day. I've used MEK in the past and like it but I had Acetone on hand for this one.

Thanks for following along and the compliment.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on March 21, 2020, 09:15:31 AM
Enjoyed the video..... 8)  I'm glad to see you've kept that signature tripod bounce of yours at the end of this video too.  ;D

Greg,

Thank you. I think I'll bump the camera stand at the end of all my videos from now on. You know, kinda of set me apart from others. :P

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: jerryrbeach on March 21, 2020, 09:31:41 AM

Tom,

As usual. I'm following along.  I really appreciate the step by step and how explicit you are with your descriptions of the process.

Jerry,

You are very welcome and thanks for stopping by. I enjoy doing the step by step in my threads.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com