Catching up on details

Started by barrymk, October 07, 2019, 08:45:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barrymk

A bit like Mr Sellios I tend to use up detail castings etc at a rate of knots. For years my unfinished details have been nagging at me to attend to them and being limited by my wrist issues I decided to kill a few birds with one stone.
1.       Unearth all those bits of scrap that can be made into industrial clutter and empty all my little boxes and bags with castings/unfinished small kits etc.
2.       Clean up, assemble, prime and paint and store them all where I can get at them easily.
3.       This frees up no end of space for completed details, bulks up my usable details boxes and makes me feel better.
Result!

The first tranche gets the primer treatment
Modelling my version of Colorado Narrow Gauge here in the UK.  Any resemblance to reality is purely accidental.

BandOGuy

Last part of Item 3 may be the most important one of all. The others will then fall in line.
Now, why can't I just use that personally?
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.

deemery

What are you using for Primer?

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

barrymk

Ah Bando If I only knew the answer...

Dave it's simply grey acrylic car primer from Halford's (a UK car bits retailer). I alternate between Grey, White and Red Oxide. Only have Grey and White at the mo.  I was spraying with a rattle can outside on the deck and it started to drizzle so some spots got a drop of rain too. Doesn't matter too much as these are mainly background fillers and a coat of brushed on craft acrylic will cover a multitude of sins.  I do need now to go on a spending splurge on some foreground details but the boss hasn't sanctioned the  expenditure yet.  Mmmmm wine and roses perhaps.........
Another pic on my blog  http://cuspidorsouthernrr.blogspot.com/2019/10/attention-to-detail.html
Modelling my version of Colorado Narrow Gauge here in the UK.  Any resemblance to reality is purely accidental.