SierraWest O'Neills Fabrication

Started by SteveCuster, June 28, 2016, 11:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

Good afternoon everyone. I worked out a few of the smaller details over the weekend.

I finished the tarpaper roof over the rear freight doors.

Here is it mocked up in place. It won't be fully installed until I mount the structure to the base. I am combining this structure with SW Quincy Salvage, once I get all the main subassemblies completed I will begin work on that kit.

I mocked up the corrugated metal roof on the side of the welding shop. I'm not finished weathering this roof but I will wait till it's installed against the shingle roof to finish it.

Here is another overall shot. I also added the small porch on the tower.

Thanks for checking in, next step is the tank.

-Steve

Steve Custer

Janbouli

Love the different types of roofing , the tower is sure a highlight.
I love photo's, don't we all.

SteveCuster

Thanks Jan, I think every type of roofing is represented in this kit. Even 2 different types of corrugated metal.

-Steve
Steve Custer

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

SteveCuster

Steve Custer

ger deguelle

John B

Steve, the model is looking great!

donatode

Steve, that is some nice professional work.

SteveCuster

Thanks Ger, John and Donato.

I completed the tank assembly today. It's a super easy and very cool detail.

The tank was first colored with black Rust-Oleum camo paint, black primer would work fine as well. The letter was done with a stencil and some light gray automotive primer. Everything was weathered with pastel chalks, applied dry.

I moved all the sub-assemblies of this kit on the shelf, I won't be building it any further until I build SierraWest Quincy Salvage. The 2 kits will be combined into a large salvage/used oil and welding industry.

I cleaned my workbench off, ready to open up the box and get started.

Thanks for checking in, I plan on starting another thread for the Quincy portion. Stay tuned.

-Steve
Steve Custer

deemery

Wow, what a nice clean organized desk!  The only time my desk looks like this will be when I set it up after we move :-(

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

Janbouli

Quote from: deemery on August 30, 2016, 04:53:10 PM
Wow, what a nice clean organized desk!  The only time my desk looks like this will be when I set it up after we move :-(

dave

I think he's fooling us , on the other side of the aisle he has his workbench , this is where his wife does her hobby  ;)
I love photo's, don't we all.

postalkarl

Hi Steve:

WOW!!!! Very very nicely done. Great colors and weathering.

Karl

Zephyrus52246

The buildings came out great.  I'll be interested to see how you combine the two kits.

Jeff 

SteveCuster

Steve Custer

Rail and Tie

Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com