Thank you from EXPO team

Started by robertseckler, March 29, 2015, 02:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyrus52246

Thanks for the hard work of the Expo team.  I thought the facilities were great.  The clinicians were wonderful as usual.  If my bank balance is any indication, the vendors were superb as well. 

Jeff

deemery

It might be a good idea for the Expo team to collect lessons learned for the next time, while everything is still fresh in everyone's mind.  What worked, what didn't work, what could be added to the next show, etc.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

donatode

Quote from: deemery on March 30, 2015, 11:59:18 AM
It might be a good idea for the Expo team to collect lessons learned for the next time, while everything is still fresh in everyone's mind.  What worked, what didn't work, what could be added to the next show, etc.

dave

.... my attendance ....  ::) 

Jerry

Quote from: deemery on March 30, 2015, 09:50:41 AM
When and where is the next one?

dave

In March 2016 but they haven't said were yet!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ReadingBob

Thanks again to the EXPO team for putting together a great show.  I really enjoyed it.  What a collection of vendors.  It's a great opportunity to walk around and check out everything first hand.  I picked up most of the items I had on my checklist before the show started and quite a few that were 'off list'.   ::)  It's always great to be around such a talented group of folks who share a common interest.  Thanks again!
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Quote from: Jerry on March 30, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

dave

Jerry
Website says "2016 spring in Boston"

ReadingBob

Quote from: Raymo on March 30, 2015, 01:29:46 PM
Quote from: Jerry on March 30, 2015, 12:32:37 PM

dave

Jerry
Website says "2016 spring in Boston"

Shouldn't that be Bahhhstinn?  Or maybe it's in Boston, Va.   ::)  ;D  ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

deemery

"March 2016 in Boston" - this year you'd have to pack not just all your winter clothing from long-johns to down parkas, but also bring skis or snowshoes...  You have to be prepared for snow in March in New England, even during a 'global warming' period!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

rpdylan

"In" Boston or outside of Boston? 
Bob C.

chris.mincemoyer.3

From an Expo rookie, thanks to the organizers, vendors and clinicians.  Attended with a heavy heart as I lost a local model railroader the Tuesday prior and the services were the weekend of the expo, kept a low key while I mourned.

RWL

The EXPO is over for another year and once again it has been enlightening and entertaining. The social aspect of the gathering is always the highlight, once again you can visit with those whom you have not seen and catch up with the latest news. It is a small family of people who have the ability to create and display the world in miniature and what a great family it is. I brought two new converts to the fold and they came away with a new appreciation of fine scale modeling that they were not aware of.

But, even more important is the help and assistance that can be counted upon when needed. I, acting as an agent for the museum I am associated with picked and chose some structures by Elliot Moore and later a diorama that would enhance the museum. Transporting them from Scranton to Florida was another matter. The structures were small enough to be carried carefully on the plane, but the diorama was a bit of a challenge. All that was purchased has found a way to Florida and I didn't carry a thing, but members of the small family did. Luckily Tom, Bob and Bill travelled to the show by car and took the small structures with them to Orlando. With the help from Dave, Dustin, Alan, Hal, Dave, and Mike a box was built and the diorama got a ride with Brian Nolan's displays to Dave's Suncoast in Odessa.

I want to thank the family of people who helped me and Jimmy, Hal, Brian, and Doug for sponsoring this gathering and for bringing us all together. For Robert, Paul, Dave (there are a lot of Dave's), Mark and many others in running the show. Also, to all the vendors who promoted the event with their offerings. I am looking forward to next year.

Bob

jbvb

My thanks to the organizers, the modelers who displayed their work and the attendees in general. I had some fun conversations and bought some good stuff.

Now, about March 26 in Boston. It didn't snow much in March, but that didn't matter because February hit it out of the park and the weather gods were just doing that 'home run stroll' thing. I live maybe 30 air-line miles NNE of Boston and this is what the Little League field across from my house looked like this morning. Saturday I plowed the lot with my tractor so my op session crew didn't get themselves all jammed up in my narrow, crooked driveway:
James

rpdylan

Living in NH I can attest to the weather situation in March. On the way home from the expo it was snowing in Mass!  Is it problematic if the expo was in late April/May?  I don't know.....  Would it increase attendance?  Just my thoughts....

Bob C.
Bob C.

night train

I'm not one of the EXPO owners but I did volunteer to man the contest room (along with Bob L., another Dave and Paul) for most of the show. I was fun to be surrounded by such great modeling!

Once the regular hotel guests heard about the weirdos on the second floor they flocked to the room to see the models. Many had the same question "did somebody build these?" Ah, "yes" I would say, and "most gave up TV time to do it." They were astonished that grown-ups would swap TV for model building. And so it goes...

I've posted a few photos on my blog, more to come as the mood strikes - www.mrscenery.com Click on the link in the upper left.

DF

drjohn691

:)  Another awesome Expo in Scranton.  Wonderful job everyone.  It is always a pleasure and I look forward to the show and seeing everyone each year.  Thanks for all the hard work.  I think my wife, Mary Ann, enjoys the Expo more than I do anymore.