what can I say but WOW!!!! and awesome.

Karl

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

SteveCuster

Very nice George. I love all the elevation changes.
Steve Custer

Opa George

Thanks very much for all the positive feedback John, Curt, Karl, Gregory and Steve! 
I'm in the middle of Bar Mills' Staton Marine-- about a 4 inch by 6 inch footprint kit to fill the yellow-green swath at the top of the hill in the last two pics.  I plan to use it as a small feeder industry for the large factories on the summit.  Haven't quite decided yet--maybe a tool and die, or electrical supply or?    I'll post progress pics once I get that structure in place.
--Opa George

Opa George

I spent a few days building a kit structure for the vacant area at the summit of Bandit's Roost.  I chose a Bar Mills Staton Marine kit as most appropriate to the available footprint as well as it's design as one that will architecturally fit with its neighboring structures.  No build thread on that one--it is a relatively straightforward build with few kinks.

Here it is in place. Even thought it will not be a marine supply, I liked and kept the large "GAS" stencil for the roof. Haven't named it or applied a business sign yet. Haven't even totally determined what type of business it is.  Waiting for the muse to visit.

Photo below--I added a scratch deck walkway to the freight door side, and a really nice "Nick & Nora Designs" Rooftop Water Tank to the roof, just because. By the way, I really enjoyed building the water tank kit and highly recommend picking one up if you see them at a show.

With the extra structure in place, I began planting trees.  Below are a few pics of the overall module with about a dozen trees in place. I have more to add, plus groundcover, bushes and vines.  Not to mention additional detail castings.

The batteries in my camera were getting low, giving me less than sharp focus.  I'll replace the batteries before taking additional pics tomorrow.

I placed black showboard behind the module to remove the distracting background of my paint shelf.

--Opa George

vinceg

Wow. That's an impressive and dramatic scene George. Very nicely done.
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

postalkarl

Hey George:

All I can say WOW!!!!! what a beautiful job on that kit.

Karl

Rail and Tie

Great work as usual George. Amazing what height does to a scene when used creatively as you have done. Really like the tram in the scene as well. Reminds me of something heading in an RR form of Myst/Riven!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

Mark Dalrymple

Looking good, George.

The new structure adds nicely to the scene and the water tank on the roof gives it a proportionally pleasing vertical element.

Cheers, Mark.

Opa George

Quote from: vinceg on March 20, 2020, 01:34:49 PM
Wow. That's an impressive and dramatic scene George. Very nicely done.

Thanks very much for the kind response, Vince. I do love the "drama" of a good hillside scene.
--Opa George

Opa George

Quote from: postalkarl on March 20, 2020, 01:42:35 PM
Hey George:

All I can say WOW!!!!! what a beautiful job on that kit.

Karl

Thanks, Karl. High praise from a master builder. I appreciate it.  This is the most intricate and involved kit I have ever worked on, to date, and I am very pleased with it overall. Waiting in the wings is Master Creations Watt Moreland Waxworks.  From what I have heard about Master Creations kits, it will take all my patience and experience with complicated kits to pull it off.
--Opa George

Opa George

Quote from: Rail and Tie on March 20, 2020, 01:58:15 PM
Great work as usual George. Amazing what height does to a scene when used creatively as you have done. Really like the tram in the scene as well. Reminds me of something heading in an RR form of Myst/Riven!

Thanks much, Darryl.  I must mention how happy I am to have found this forum to post work. There are some forums that would not be nearly as accepting of my rather unorthodox fantasy style.  As I mentioned way back at the start, the companion module that connects to this one is the new FOS Rust Rock Falls. The main factory in that kit will be a depression-era Mechanical Man factory. Think "Boilerplate" from the popular comic.

--Opa George

Opa George

Quote from: mark dalrymple on March 20, 2020, 02:18:38 PM
Looking good, George.

The new structure adds nicely to the scene and the water tank on the roof gives it a proportionally pleasing vertical element.

Cheers, Mark.

Thanks very much, Mark. I'm really pleased you picked up on that. I try to use the concept of odd groupings, 3s, 5s, 7s, for eye appeal. I was aware the mill row and the main factory made a group of two high points, and felt I needed that third one to round it out.

--Opa George

PRR Modeler

Really outstanding modeling George.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision