Build 001: KC's Jack Em Up Tire Repair

Started by PainTrain, August 23, 2019, 12:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deemery

I like the roof a lot better with some weathering.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

ACL1504

A little late to the party but welcome to the forum. You can learn alot from the folks here and don't be shy in asking questions on "how to" stuff.

I agree with Dave in that the roof should be toned down with some light grays. On your next build try having the tar "bleed" down the roof towards the drip edge.

The exterior rafters added much more stability to the roof, good job.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

tct855

Welcome aboard!

I saw you in class today-great start.(I was the short one). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pum938T14Hs  Thanx Thom...

PainTrain

I went with quite a bit of grime towards the bottom since I imaged there would be piles of tires and other junk leaning against the walls.

Opa George

That's looking good. I worked at a garage when first married and your level of grime is similar to what I remember.
--George

MAP

Welcome to the forum!  Your build is coming along nicely.  Keep the pics coming.
Mark

PainTrain

Thanks for all the comments.  I managed to wrap up my first build tonight, and here's the result:

Opa George

That's a winner of a first building. You certainly understand the techniques and have a good sense of detail. I enjoyed watching this one come together.   Do you know yet what your next project will be?
George

PainTrain

Thanks Opa George.  I really enjoyed the weathering part since that when it started coming to life.

I've amassed quite the collection of kits so far, but my next build is going to be one of the fos scale foundations kits.  I want to take what I've learned and do it on something I can finish in a week or two.

Rail and Tie

Very good for a first build!! I hope you are hooked on structures now and looking forward to your next project.

Question for you. The wall with the fan in it looks like the clapboard is running upside down. Is this just an illusion in the way the drybrushing turned out?  Just curious as it caught my eye.

Keep up the great work!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

PainTrain

Definitely!  Although I wont have space for a layout for another year, I'd like to learn what i can to make the models at least look realistic.  When I was younger I had plastic kits, but never the patience to build them properly. hahaha.

Yes the clapboard on the rear is upside down, and I realized it when I first when through the kit, but I didn't want to wait for a replacement.  I've heard great things as far as support from KC's workshop though, so I'm confident that if I took the time to reach out, then I would've been sent a replacement.

Rail and Tie

Quote from: PainTrain on September 10, 2019, 08:39:26 PM
Yes the clapboard on the rear is upside down, and I realized it when I first when through the kit, but I didn't want to wait for a replacement.  I've heard great things as far as support from KC's workshop though, so I'm confident that if I took the time to reach out, then I would've been sent a replacement.
No worries it looks great and I know from experience it is easy to accidently cut clapboard upside down. (ask me how I know!!!).
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

NEMMRRC

Excellent effort for a first build.

Sorry I am late welcoming you to the forum.

Keep posting your builds because we all love pictures.

Later.

Jaime

PainTrain

postalkarl

Hey Paintrain:

Very nice first build.

Karl