What do you think George is saying with his F&SM modeling either in pics/person?

Started by tct855, October 19, 2018, 01:20:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

Hello all,

So with all the videos, books, articles, kit models, pictures posted or in person visits, what do you think George is saying with his expression of his layout and what do you want to say with your modeling expression whether or not you model the same scale, theme, time frame or completely different models all together?

Thanx Thom...

GPdemayo

Don't know what, if anything, he is saying.....but he sure looks like he is having a lot of fun.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

NEMMRRC

I've heard/read George Sellios mention how he hopes to inspire others to build models by his own efforts. Sellios enjoys it when others take his kits and change them around.

As for my own personal modeling, I sure hope none of you take near as long as I do to build anything  ;D

Jaime

ACL1504

I'm not sure about George but for me I build kits and the layout for my enjoyment.

I express my own artistic talents, or lack there of, in my builds and layout ideas.

George has mentioned several times that John Allen has inspired his modeling. George has inspired mine but the creativity is my own.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

I think George like most model railroaders is modeling because he enjoys it. The fact that others are inspired and enjoy viewing his work is a big plus. I think the purpose of his layout has changed now that he has retired - it started as a way to display his kits.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad