Paul Scoles - Pelican Bay Railway & Navigation Co

Started by S&S RR, May 10, 2014, 03:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

I started this thread today on hearing the news of Paul Scoles passing. I was lucky enough to visit and photograph Paul's layout twice over the years and will present a few of the photographs in this thread as a tribute to Paul.  I would also like to invite anyone else that was lucky enough to visit and photograph his Pelican Bay Railway & Navigation System to post their pictures here for others to enjoy.

Here are a couple to get things started.  More to follow over the next few days.

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ACL1504

I wasn't one of the lucky ones to visit this layout but I've seen the videos. Not the same thing as being there. Thanks for sharing the photos with the rest of us!

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

Dave K.

Watched one of his videos today while working on Hollis. Warm wishes to his family.

S&S RR

The layout set 2:

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

bparrish

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

ACL1504

Fantastic looking layout, thanks for all the photos.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

GPdemayo

Thanks for the pictures John.

I can't believe I won't get to see that layout, your photos show so much more of the layout than the videos I've seen. What a great railroad.

Please post more pictures if you have them.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 11, 2014, 09:07:38 AM
Thanks for the pictures John.

I can't believe I won't get to see that layout, your photos show so much more of the layout than the videos I've seen. What a great railroad.

Please post more pictures if you have them.....

Greg

I have more pictures and will post them for Paul - This is one of my favorite layouts.  Paul had many publications and I would suggest you look them up.  I shot all these pictures free hand - no tripod - so hope I'm doing justice to Paul's great modeling work.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

As requested, here are a few more pictures of Paul's layout.

Paul Scoles - Pelican Bay Railway & Navigation Co Set 7:

John Siekirk