Franklin & South Manchester RR Open Houses for 2018

Started by tct855, February 23, 2018, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbvb

Friday, November 23 is also the first day of the Tour De Chooch north-of-Boston layout tour, though only the O-scale 2-rail club in Gardner, MA is open.  The rest of Tour De Chooch is Saturday and Sunday: tourdechooch.org  My layout is open Sunday.
James

wlachnit

New to the forum. The FSM has been on my bucket list for 25+ years and am heading out there from California just to see it this Saturday. Really looking forward to it. Are there any others on the forum that will be visiting?

ReadingBob

Quote from: wlachnit on October 10, 2018, 10:53:30 AM
New to the forum. The FSM has been on my bucket list for 25+ years and am heading out there from California just to see it this Saturday. Really looking forward to it. Are there any others on the forum that will be visiting?

Welcome to the forum!

I hope to get back to visit the FSM someday.  It's truly amazing.  I could go on and on with the accolades but you'll figure that out for yourself when get there.   ;D 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

S&S RR

I talked to George, yesterday.  Remember those big buildings that were removed in the late 1980's,  George tells me they are back. In his new section.  It sounds like those that are attending the open house are in for a real treat. Someone please take and post pictures. Hal are you planning on attending? George says to bring your camera.

wlachnit welcome to the forum.  Please give us a full report on your visit to the F&SM.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

An open house at the F&SM... I guess I could stop by😋

Mike Engler

I'm trying to plan how an Expo trip will work. A highlight would be seeing the F&SM again. I talked to George this morning and he has been working for about 5 months on changes and new stuff for the layout. George said to tell everyone that he will definitely have his open house Wednesday October 31 (Halloween) from 9 AM to 3PM. An itinerary:  Fly to Boston Logan; rent a car and go to Peabody; see the F&SM- take lots of pictures as the guys on the forum really like pictures; get in the rental car and head for Albany. If there is time hang out in Salem for a while to see if there really are witches hanging around.
THE Runner- Mike Engler in Lakeville, MN
mike.engler59@gmail.com

NEMMRRC

Welcome to the forum. I trust your visit to the F&SM won't disappoint.

We love pictures !

Jaime

wlachnit

Quote from: NEMMRRC on October 11, 2018, 05:32:39 PM

We love pictures !

Jaime

Thanks. Yes, will take plenty of pictures. I'm guessing it will take all 3h to tour the layout in detail.

S&S RR

Quote from: wlachnit on October 11, 2018, 05:37:53 PM
Quote from: NEMMRRC on October 11, 2018, 05:32:39 PM

We love pictures !

Jaime

Thanks. Yes, will take plenty of pictures. I'm guessing it will take all 3h to tour the layout in detail.

I have visited the F&SM about 6 times over the years.  The last time I spent 3 - 8 hour days there taking pictures. I still don't think I have "toured the layout in detail". Just sayin! There is a lot to see. You are going to love it. I can't wait to get back there for another visit.
John Siekirk

wlachnit

what is the address on Main street? or where is the layout exactly?

S&S RR

Quote from: wlachnit on October 12, 2018, 07:15:18 PM
what is the address on Main street? or where is the layout exactly?

49 Main Street  - Just head up the stairs.
John Siekirk