Superior & Seattle Railroad Build (Volume 3) Started 7/27/19

Started by S&S RR, July 27, 2019, 08:44:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 24, 2020, 05:27:30 PM
It's great to see Avram's safe and sound in it's new home.  That was a fun build and I'm quite happy it's located somewhere where it can be enjoyed.   ;D

Avram's looks dang great there John.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

S&S RR

It's great to see Avram's safe and sound in it's new home.  That was a fun build and I'm quite happy it's located somewhere where it can be enjoyed.   ;D

Bob

Thank you again for building it - I thought you would like to see it in it's new home.  The town of Sellios will grow up around it over the coming years. I spent most of today under the layout connecting wires.  I have a few more days of work to do and then all the changes will be operational. I'm also switching from manual ground throws to tortoise switch machines for the turnouts so there is a lot of work going on under the layout.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

S&S RR

Quote from: ACL1504 on March 24, 2020, 05:54:04 PM

Avram's looks dang great there John.

Tom

Thank you Tom.  I'm sure you would have found a great place for it, too.  ;)  It sure is an honor to have one of Bob's great builds on my layout.
John Siekirk

S&S RR

A tool tip:  As I'm finishing up a couple builds - my Grandpa John's Welding Company (aka FSM 's Swakhammer's) and my FSM Coaling tower - I though I would share a tool that I have really enjoyed using on my last few builds. I bought these glue applicators as part of a promotional deal from Rockler. They are made of silicone rubber and basically replace the box of toothpicks that I would usually go through on big build.  Because of the rubber they really work well for both application and cleanup of glue joints. As soon as the glue sets it just pops off the tool so it is self cleaning.  I like them so well that I bought a couple more packs so I can try to keep one set on each workbench. Notice I said try - I just redistributed them - I had them all on the workbench where I'm building the Welding Company. :-[

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Here is a picture of the glue bottles I'm using from the same company.  I'm sure you can find them made by other companies.  I think I paid about $5 - 7 for a set of three. I have also bought the silicone gluing pads for my workbenches. 

John Siekirk

Dennis Bourey

Dennis Bourey
dpbourey@comcast.net

Lake's Region RR
(Happy Modeling)

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

Today, I added the first layer of dirt to the baseboard on my Grandpa John's Welding Company build.

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

John Siekirk

S&S RR

As soon as the glue dries it will be time to add all those wonderful detail castings.
John Siekirk

Mark Dalrymple

S&S RR

Quote from: mark dalrymple on March 26, 2020, 07:58:24 PM
Coming together like a dream, John!

Cheers, Mark.

Mark

Thank you, yes - this is the part of the build where every move makes a difference. It's all about the details.
John Siekirk