Kjeungskjaer lighthouse

Started by madharry, October 07, 2019, 10:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

S&S RR

Mike

It's looking good.  I'm enjoying following along.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

a bit late to the party Mike, but I'll be looking in.....neat lighthouse.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

madharry

Thanks Curt, John and Gregory, it is much appreciated.............
Working on the light area. I found an acrylic bottle cap the right scale size. I removed the black roof and cut a new one around the cap and then added the new black roof as a surround. To the cap I added some red masking tape as in the pictures there appears to be red baffles inside the light housing. I then measured the roof and angle of the light housing roof. I cut eight card formers and glued them on top...............
Mike

PRR Modeler

WOW, beautiful job on a very small and many pieces part.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

madharry

madharry

Moving on...............I tried to cover the roof on the light with eight pieces of angled card. Using an Olfa cutter I scribed several card circles which I then cut into eigths. After the sixth attempt I gave up trying. Instead I used some DAS clay to form the roof cap filling in between the card formers. The metal addition was found in an box full of FSM castings.

madharry

I added wood coffee stirrers to the inside walls of the plasticard body of the lighthouse. This aids the glueing in of the windows..............
Mike

madharry

Prototype and model..................
Mike

madharry

Continuing...............I added the led light to the structure. In order for it to remain within the building and not slip out of alignment I hot glued the wires to the base of the lighthouse. The led light flashs every six seconds.

madharry

Around the base I added some thick double sided tape to represent the stone walls. I deliberately weathered this by removing the paper from the tape and touching it at various places before spraying with paint.
Mike

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

madharry

Thanks Jerry, it is much appreciated.
I added some half round strip styrene to the top of the walls just under the roofline.
Mike

PRR Modeler

Great job Mike. Can you do a short video with the flashing light?
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Janbouli

Superb Mike , that will look great on the layout.
I love photo's, don't we all.

madharry

Thanks Curt omce it is on the layout I will try and get Mrs C to do a video, She is smarter than me.........