Dave's Donuts

Started by DaveInTheHat, January 13, 2020, 09:34:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveInTheHat

The pictures I too while I was building this are on my Fotki page: https://public.fotki.com/daveinthehat/davetown/daves-donuts/

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

vinceg

Cheez - I just noticed this. The sidewalks and roads are crazy good. How did you do them? (Everything else is good too, of course, but the sidewalks, roads and landscaping in general really jumped out at me.) I have fond memories of the Superior Bakery kit. I screwed up at least two of them back in the day.....
Vince

Protolancing the Illinois Central Chicago District from Chicago to Kankakee

postalkarl

Hey Dave:

Beautiful job on that one. Love the big doughnut sign.

Karl

Jim Donovan

Looks really nice, love the scene.

Jim D
Holland & Odessa Railroad

GPdemayo

Great scene Dave.....excellent work on the building - painted brick, curbing and sidewalk..... 8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jerryrbeach

Dave,

I started laughing when I saw the police car parked in front!
Jerry

DaveInTheHat

Quote from: vinceg on February 16, 2020, 08:03:27 AM
Cheez - I just noticed this. The sidewalks and roads are crazy good. How did you do them? (Everything else is good too, of course, but the sidewalks, roads and landscaping in general really jumped out at me.) I have fond memories of the Superior Bakery kit. I screwed up at least two of them back in the day.....
Thanks. I make my roads and sidewalks with plaster of paris. I use a mixture of acrylic paint, white glue, vinegar, dish soap and water. The color goes all the way through and the inconsistency is what makes it look pretty good.

BandOGuy

Quote from: jerryrbeach on February 16, 2020, 08:52:55 AM

Dave,
I started laughing when I saw the police car parked in front!

Agreed, but where I come from, the police car would be parked on the yellow curb.  >:(
Working on my second million. I gave up on the first.