2020 Challenge Carolina Craftsman Kit #CCK1359 - AD Low & Company

Started by GPdemayo, January 26, 2020, 12:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPdemayo

Hello and welcome to the build thread of the Carolina Craftsman Kit #CCK1359 - "AD Low & Company".

It has been some time, a few years is more like it, that I have posted any build threads to the forum. I have been procrastinating about taking time to build kits and post because of business concerns, but I really need to get on with building some of the great kits I have accumulated over the years and time keeps marching on.

I have intended to participate in the challenges that Dan has started each year, but I just couldn't get moving on any one project. So this year, I thought I would start out easy on a smaller project and Jeff's kit fit the bill. So, a big thank you to Dan for giving me a good case of the ole' Jewish/Catholic guilt to get back to modeling and being responsible for getting so many great build threads going each year.

Also a big thank you to Jeff Grove for the kit. Jeff was in a generous mood about 4 years ago and sent Tom, Bob and myself a free kit from his ever expending excellent product line. It is a great, small footprint, structure that is adaptable for most any type of business that you would find in small town USA.

At this point, I'm not sure what that use will be, I just want to get started building again. I'll worry about what it will be when I get around to including it in the redesigned St.L&D Railroad.

Below are the requisite photos of the box and contents:

Exhibit #1 (ADL-002)

Exhibit #2 (ADL-003)

And of course, the box contents:

Exhibit #3 (ADL-007)

Exhibit #4 (ADL-008)

Stay tuned.....
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Greg,

I remember this kit although I don't think i have it.

I'll be following along.

I need to get my build challenge going also.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Greg,

OMG, is that a new old cutting mat, an old new cutting mat or a new new cutting mat? :o :o

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

JimF

Welcome to the challenge, Greg.

Looks like a nice kit, I'll be watching along with everyone else.

Jim

jerryrbeach

Greg,

Great to see you motivated to build something.  Looking forward to this thread.
Jerry

S&S RR

Greg

Great to have you join us with a build.  Looks like a nice kit. How do you keep your cutting mat so clean??  ;)  Okay, so Tom started it.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

GPdemayo

Quote from: ACL1504 on January 26, 2020, 01:16:14 PM
Greg,

OMG, is that a new old cutting mat, an old new cutting mat or a new new cutting mat? :o :o

Tom  ;D

Make that an old new mat.....the old old mat was nasty and I replaced it shortly before the photo was taken. Thanks for looking in.  :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: JimF on January 26, 2020, 01:21:16 PM
Welcome to the challenge, Greg.

Looks like a nice kit, I'll be watching along with everyone else.

Jim

Thanks for looking in Jim.....I think the kit is great because the structure can be used for so many types of small businesses that a modeler may need on his layout.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: jerryrbeach on January 26, 2020, 03:11:13 PM

Greg,

Great to see you motivated to build something.  Looking forward to this thread.

Thanks for looking in Jerry.....sometimes age is a great motivator.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Quote from: S&S RR on January 26, 2020, 05:55:55 PM
Greg

Great to have you join us with a build.  Looks like a nice kit. How do you keep your cutting mat so clean??  ;)  Okay, so Tom started it.

Thanks for looking in John.
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

GPdemayo

Quote from: PRR Modeler on January 27, 2020, 01:09:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing your build progress.

Hey Curt.....glad you stopped by.....don't expect Greg Speed on the build though.  ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

I guess there's Greg speed and then there's Greg speed.  Opposite ends of the spectrum.   ;)

I'll be following along as well.   ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Dave K.

Opa George

Greg, looks like an interesting build.  I like those tarpaper add-ons--I think they add a lot of character.  I'll be looking in.
--Opa George