Riverbend Chapel by FOS

Started by ACL1504, September 06, 2020, 05:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

First, my apologies to Mr. Reading Bob. I've decided to build this one myself. I have a few ideas for it other than a stock build so I'm taking it off the builder's market.  :P

Bob Dye did a very nice job on his build of the neat FOS kit and I hope mine comes out just as good.

I have some ideas I want to change, can't remember the last kit I built without kit bashing the heck out of it. I'll share these ideas as I go.

I've followed Bob's build thread and have reviewed the directions twice already. I believe I can make my changes without to much of a problem.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

To me, this looks like a Greek Orthodox style church. The fine folks in Tahope are all Southern Baptists.

Now, I haven't yet decided if this will be a well maintained church, fitting of the South. Or maybe a southern church in the South where the church member ship has declined. Church revenue declines when the church membership drops and this leads to the church not keeping up with the necessary repairs and upgrades like painting and cemetery maintenance.

Only time will tell or only Tom will tell.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Good or bad, the church will be located on the other side of the tracks.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ReadingBob

Of course I'm following along as well.  That looks like a great spot you have picked out for the church.   ;)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on September 07, 2020, 11:13:48 AM
Of course I'm following along as well.  That looks like a great spot you have picked out for the church.   ;)

Bob,

I appreciate you following along on the adventure. I think the spot will dictate the condition of the church, maintained vs run down. It will most likely be run down in appearance.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

MAP

I'll be following along as well.  Looking forward to what you'll be tweaking on this one!  I need a church on my layout, and I like the looks of this one versus others on the market. 
Mark

ACL1504

Mark,

Happy to have you along on this one. My first change was the steeple. Update later this evening.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Great looking kit. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'll be following along.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on September 08, 2020, 01:47:06 PM
Hey Tom:

Great looking kit. Can't wait to see what you do with it. I'll be following along.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, I have a couple ideas for change.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

sounds good to me. I shall be watching.

Karl

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com