Riverbend Chapel by FOS

Started by ACL1504, September 06, 2020, 05:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAP

Mark

ReadingBob

Looks great so far Tom!  Someday I'll get to see it in person.   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

the walls are looking just great. Can't wait for more.

Karl

tom.boyd.125

Tom,
Looks like were going to the chapel ...
Your build is taking shape !
Tommy
Tom Boyd in NE Minnesota
tommytrains22@yahoo.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on October 14, 2020, 11:45:15 AM
Looking good Tom.

Can't wait to see this beauty with lights.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you. I think the lights will look good in this little back woods church.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on October 15, 2020, 07:49:41 AM
Looks great so far Tom!  Someday I'll get to see it in person.   ::)

Butty Bob,

Much appreciated, and yes, I hope you get to see it soon as well.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on October 15, 2020, 10:33:21 AM
Hey Tom:

the walls are looking just great. Can't wait for more.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you, more on the way.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tom.boyd.125 on October 15, 2020, 11:44:29 AM
Tom,
Looks like were going to the chapel ...
Your build is taking shape !
Tommy

Tommy,

Thank you, start your singing voice. :-X

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Busy day today on the build. On almost all my builds where color signs are involved, I make a copy and place it in a sign file/folder.

One just never knows how I may ruin a sign or want to use one later. It's good to have copies.

When adding the stained glass window papers, I didn't want to use a water based glue, even on the edges. The moisture will, by virtue of some capillary action, seep onto the paper and possibly staining the stained glass paper.

For gluing the windows in place, I chose to use Elmer's Natural Glue. It's tacky and works very well for this purpose.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Using the edge of the glue, I applied a small amount of glue around the outside edge of the window as shown below.

You can use your finger to spread it around more, but if you do,  be sure you wipe off the excess glue from your finger. No, I don't have first hand, er, finger experience here.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Oops, I forgot to mention how I cut the stained glass paper.

I cut them so I had a small white border around each stained paper. This gave me some wiggle room when applying the paper to the back of the wall.

While the glue is still tacky, apply the paper to the rear of the window. Turn the wall over to the front and using your fingers move the paper so the stained glass is centered.

Here is how they look from the rear.

Diet Pepsi time, back in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

And from the front.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Some back lighting on the stained glass.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

While I was doing the stained glass installs, I also glued and clamped the four walls on the smaller building.

The front of the church will be really nice when back lit.

More in a few.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com