Riverbend Chapel by FOS

Started by ACL1504, September 06, 2020, 05:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

This kit also comes with a nicely detailed exterior gabled frame. I wasn't going to use it but later decided it was a nice feature, so on the church it goes.

I did make one change though. The small detail on the bottom was removed.

More in a few.
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used a #17 flat blade and chopped it off. I plan to use it as a fancy cross on top of one of the tombstones.

I painted the exterior framed truss in the same manner as the rest of the church. I set it aside to dry and cure prior to gluing it in place.

Continued -

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I couldn't decide where to put it while it dried so I stuck it in the pencil sharpener. This worked fine.

Back in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The clamps were removed form the smaller structure. More on this one later in the build.

I'll have more tomorrow evening. Time to shut it down.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

PRR Modeler

The windows look outstanding Tom. Great build.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

S&S RR

Tom

Great build so far -  I love the windows.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Jerry

Tom

Beautiful build love those windows.

Makes me want to get up early on Sunday an go to church!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

NEMMRRC

Raymo

Another great build and build thread from you Tom!

ACL1504

Quote from: PRR Modeler on October 15, 2020, 07:35:30 PM
The windows look outstanding Tom. Great build.

Curt,

Thanks very much.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: S&S RR on October 15, 2020, 09:16:14 PM
Tom

Great build so far -  I love the windows.

John,

Thank you, I'm very pleased with how the windows turned out.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on October 16, 2020, 12:28:05 AM
Tom

Beautiful build love those windows.

Makes me want to get up early on Sunday an go to church!!

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you as well, much appreciated. This is taking on the look of an old country "Holy Roller" church.  In reality, I'm keeping it a country Southern Baptist church. Ha, it made me want to get up on Sunday and work on the build.  :-X

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NEMMRRC on October 16, 2020, 09:08:32 PM
Outstanding.

Jaime

Jaime,

Thank you and it's good to see you my friend.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com