It won't be long...

Started by RailroadKits, March 31, 2015, 06:48:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailroadKits

... and 2016 will be here. Trust me. We had 18 months to plan EXPO '15 and still we wish we had more.

At this stage of the planning we have a hotel picked out. We are "in negotiations" which means that it still could be anywhere. With a last scheduled visit to the location coming up soon, it shouldn't be long before we are able to announce the details.

No time to rest between shows!

Thank You and please try to have a nice day.

Jimmy

Raymo

Thanks Jimmy, and why haven't I received my show kit yet?  :D :D

ReadingBob

Morning all,

The extent of my modeling last night was to sit back in the recliner and watching a DVD of Raymo building a truck.  I guess I should have had him autograph my copy of the DVD while we were up at the EXPO.  Him being a vidoe star and all that.   :D

Have a great one!

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

I had my silver Sharpie just in case 8)

S&S RR

Good morning!  I made it back home last night - I have had my fill of being behind the wheel for awhile.  It was 56 degrees when we rolled in - and this is what it looks like out my back window this morning.  It's Back!

The EXPO was great - I'm already starting to pack for next year in Boston.

I hope everyone has a great day!
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Zephyrus52246

Morning, all.
How did I miss Raymo's video at the Expo?  Guess I'll have to order it online.   :) Did some wiring yesterday.  It's sooooooo boring.  I think I'll put together a freight car today for some variety.  Unfortunately, I have to return to work this afternoon as well.   >:(

Jeff

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Slim Jerkins

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on March 31, 2015, 08:39:51 AM
Morning, all.
... Did some wiring yesterday.  It's sooooooo boring....

Jeff

That's just about ALL I've been doing anymore with the little LEDs. Guess that speaks volumes as to how exciting I am. -_-

-slim

MAP

My Expo bags aren't even unpacked yet and I'm ready for 2016!  I haven't touched a model or my layout since getting back, but that will change as the week goes on.  I need to finish up the 2 kits I have on the workbench and start on something new from my bag of goodies I picked up over the weekend.  I'm even going to try and light up the next building with Slim's stuff.  Wish me luck!  Now where did I put that extra extinguisher????
Mark

S&S RR

Bump!  I found Jimmy's thread.  We need more coffee please.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

ReadingBob

Quote from: Slim Jerkins on March 31, 2015, 10:22:50 AM
Morning, all.

Jeff

That's just about ALL I've been doing anymore with the little LEDs. Guess that speaks volumes as to how exciting I am. -_-

-slim

By the way, I liked the 'tool' you made for working with those little LED's.  I probably won't go out of my way to make one but it sure seems like it would make the job a little bit easier when you have to make a bunch of 'em.   :D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

donatode

Morning, all.

Jeff

-slim
I could have been a contender (said in a Brando-ish sort of way) if I had little LEDs to play with ....

donatode

Quote from: ReadingBob on March 31, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Morning, all.

Jeff

-slim

By the way, I liked the 'tool' you made for working with those little LED's.  I probably won't go out of my way to make one but it sure seems like it would make the job a little bit easier when you have to make a bunch of 'em.   :D

What is this "tool" you're speaking of Bob????

ReadingBob

Quote from: Donato on March 31, 2015, 02:13:39 PM
Quote from: ReadingBob on March 31, 2015, 12:47:32 PM
Morning, all.

Jeff

-slim

What is this "tool" you're speaking of Bob????

Let me see if I can describe it...It looked like about a 10" long piece of 3" diameter PVC that was mounted on a base to stand upright.  It had a 'top' on in and was painted flat black.  On the top was a smaller, raised circle that the LED's could dropped into straight out of the package (the circle looked like it was there to contain the little buggers).  It also had a small, straight strip of square styrene glued to the top that the LED could be placed on (with tweezers).  That raised the LED up enough so that the lower clip on the small LED holder that Slim sells could grasp it.  There's a slot in the surface that the LED holder could then be placed into in an upright position, ready to begin soldering.  Maybe Slim will be so kind as to post a picture of the contraption.  All in all pretty cool if you plan on soldering leads to a lot of those little surface mount LED's.  It would be easy to make and the height could be tweaked to your liking.

See, I was paying attention in class Slim.   ::)
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

deemery

Does it look something like this??   :-)
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to