PUGWUMP BROTHERS 2-6-0 and elevated oil tank

Started by hairball, December 03, 2019, 04:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hairball

This is the PUGWUMP BROTHERS rail service loco #55.   This Consortium of assorted rail road services has many locos in the woods , swamps , deserts.  If there is something to haul, they the boys .

This started life as one of the Bachmann On30 2-6-0 xmas paint scheme locos, but because nobody really wants them , can be had mucho cheaper that the C&S and other roads.

I popped all the banding and other brass parts off the engine and mixed up a weird floquil green colour for the boiler and the rest.  I added an onion dome type stack to it to give it its own flavor.  I purchased a resin oil tank conversion for the tender.  I added a tank between the boiler domes and a tool box behind the tender.

The MOOSIE HEAD with rack.  Not sure whether it got it from bill McKenzie Iron and steel or david braun at the Back shoppe.  Both product lines now made by Wiseman.

Racking my brain trying to remember the details about the raised up oil tank.  Not sure if its an HO or a cut down On30, but suits the Pugwump brothers rail services rail services area.........oil--coal--wood--sand--water .

anyway........hope you enjoy the photos

mike lynch...madmike3434...HAIRBALL

hairball

ran across a couple more pictures to share.

mike lynch.................HAIRBALL