Great Lakes Lighthouse Build

Started by carl b, January 01, 2020, 11:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl b

I'm calling this done. The Dunkirk New York Lighthouse was built in 1875, and still stands and operates today. My HO scale version.

Thanks to everyone who read and commented on this thread. Many challenges were here. I learned some new things-tried a few techniques I'd never done before, which is how you improve.

I hope I explained my procedures plainly, and passed on some usable tips along the way....

I posted 140+ photos, they do a better job of showing the process than words ever can. There were many sessions of head scratching, and trashed "first attempts".

Thanks again!
Carl

S&S RR

Carl

Absolutely beautiful! The modeling and photography. I really enjoyed your build thread, too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful work with us.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Janbouli

That came out fabulous Carl, the photo's outside are just dazzling , one would have to know it's a model to see it, thanks for sharing, can't wait to see your next project.
I love photo's, don't we all.

GPdemayo

Beautiful dio Carl.....well done.  8)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Unbelievable that it's a model Carl. It looks like a 1:1 photo of the lighthouse. Beautiful modeling.
Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Oldguy

I'm utterly and completely gobsmacked!  Fantastic work.
Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

sdrees

I am with Curt Carl, I thought it was also a photo of the real thing.  I liked the way the lights worked out. Just and amazing model.
Steve Drees
SP RR

Rail and Tie

Holy Crap on a Cracker! That is 100% perfect! Looks exactly like the real thing! Absolutely Brilliant!!
Darryl Jacobs
Inter-Action Hobbies
www.interactionhobbies.com

deemery

EVERYTHING came together perfectly on this.  I'm particularly impressed with the landscape, you nailed that!

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

halrey

Hal Reynolds
Atlantic Scale Modelers
PO Box 223
Peabody, MA 01960

cuse

PaulS

Magnificent as always Carl !!!
Thanks for taking the time to share your build here and all of the photos and explanations along the way.  I know I learned a couple of things along the way with you as well.
Much appreciated and looking forward to seeing what's next on your modeling bench,
All the best,
--Paul
Modeling the Atlantic & White Mtn Railway

carl b

Thank you very much John S., Janbouli, Greg, Curt. Bob, Steve, Darryl, Dave, Hal, John and Paul!

I appreciate your compliments and interest. Glad you all liked the thread and topic.
Carl

Pennman

Carl,

Excellent work!! among other nice words already spoken... Thanks for another fine example of your exquisite modeling and tutorials.

Rich

postalkarl

Hey Carl B:

WOWIE!!!! Just absolutely beautiful work. A lot of painstaking work went into this. I just can't tell how well you did.

Karl S.