Great times at the expo!

Started by Eric, November 05, 2017, 08:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveCuster

It was nice meeting you Eric. Great job on the waterfront scene, lots of really cool details.

-Steve
Steve Custer

engine909

Eric, Congratulations. Extremely well done. Troels Kirk has DVD, I got from my good friend Carl Laskey, call Realistic Color for Railroad Modeling.
Get it if you can find it.
ed

Eric

Ahhhh DVD..... well done yourself Ed! Never knew about Troels DVD. This site has come in handy already! Thanks Ed and for the compliment also! 🌊🚂

postalkarl

Hi Eric:

I agree  with Steve. Your model was my favorite.

Karl

plandry

That was a great diorama Eric , I knew you would make a splash around here when I met you and your wife . It was a pleasure meeting you guys at the Expo and hope to hear from you soon .

Peter

Pennman

Eric,

Like I said before, your model diorama was a sure winner in my mind, as I agree with Steve and Karl.
Thanks for sharing your excellent work.

Rich

Eric

Thank you Kari. Peter also who I got to know at the expo. I like guys who get me to spend more money than I should lmao! Peter thanks for turning me on to the fishing boats and helping me choose. Can't wait to get started on those models! I'm hoping sometime in the future before next years Expo show, me and the wife take a visit to you and your wife. Get together again and continue we're we left off. More laughing and talking trains! In our case maybe some more model fishing boat talk lol. I had a great time at expo and glad I met you Peter and your buddy. I'm sorry met so many people im just not good with names. Thanks Peter again for your generous compliments. I truly appreciate it!

Eric

Thanks Rich! All scratch builders in my eyes are true artists. Creativeness at its best.

Bobby

Hey Eric,

It was nice chatting with you Thursday night when you were getting your dio ready. it is mighty impressive. I still am amazed at how quick you can put the cars together!!
Bobby - THE Goat!

Eric

Hey Bobby. Thanks buddy. Most of the time right now I'm not remembering who I'm chatting with but you made it easy as you rememinded me when we spoke lol. The only sad part. About the Jordan vehicles is I heard at the expo. It's over there destroying the molds as the owner wanted it like  that in his will. So sad. I'm finally good at something and production on cars is over! Still have about 10 kits left maybe more. So it's not totally over yet. What do we use now ? Any suggestions for those early year cars?

Raymo

Eric, Sylvan has produced 33 Willys, 34 Fords, 34 Chevys and a 27 Hudson. Also a couple different versions of the 36 Chevy truck. We can only hope some one steps forward to do models of the Ford Model A's and T's as detailed as the Jordan kits.

Eric

Hey Raymo. Much appreciated. I have a kit in brass that's produced by micron art.They make 1913 delivery van, 1923 stake bed truck,1914 cloth top car, 1925 steel car truck, buck board and delivery wagon. Its all flat brass and you bend it into place.  Looks a little tough to assemble. I've had it for years. Checked and company still around. Any info on actual built ? Haven't tried that one due to fact I was building Jordan models and enjoying the heck outta them. 🚗

Pennman

Eric,
In reference to your post above regarding beefing up these models, if you have a 1940 Ford car kit from Jordan, you can use the motor in a 1923 Ford Stake truck and add some fine wire to make spark plugs, just leave off the hood so they are visible. Don't laugh, another friend and fine modeler has one he built.
Rich

gleiphart

Eric, I too just wanted to say thanks for sharing your talent with the rest of us. I finally got to talk with you and your wife as you were loading up. I had no idea that the port module was yours.

Eric

Thank you and I do remember you. It was truly a wonderful event and happy to have met so many folks who were so kind with there compliments. I can't wait for next years event!! We will have to meet sooner than me loading up to talk more at next years event. I really can't wait. I'll be posting up some photos maybe tonight. Thanks again and looking forward to next years meet. I'm already starting on next years diorama.   

Eric