The Atlantic and Southern Build Thread Continued, Part 3

Started by ACL1504, August 30, 2018, 03:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Judge on February 14, 2020, 03:40:45 PM

I can't find when the edge stripes appeared.  But since Tahope County is set in 1950-1951, it is probably ahead of its time with road striping.

Bill,

You should have asked Seri what years the A&S RR was set in. She would have said, "The Atlantic and Southern Railroad is set from the mid to late 40's to the early 50's."

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: deemery on February 14, 2020, 04:15:47 PM
It's my recollection the standard is 10' dashes with 15' separation.

dave

Dave,

And, depending on how fast you are driving, the separation would seem much less. At Greg speed, the line would look solid all the way.

Just saying. 8)

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Several days ago I rolled out the table saw and cut the fascia strips for the second level fascia.

I started at the Big Tahope River and worked north.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Prior to drilling the holes and screwing it in place, I made sure it was level.

Level is a good thing.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The fascia in now complete on all the second level. Painting is next.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Bruce Oberleitner

Quote from: ACL1504 on February 14, 2020, 05:58:12 PM

Did I mention level is good?

The only thing better than level is a Diet Pepsi in hand Tom.  Happy Valentines day to you and the babe

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

Oldguy

Bob Dye
Livin large on a pond

Jerry

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

tct855

ACL 1505,
               I know my visits to this thread are far & few between, but each time I visit I have to go back and re-look at all the wonderful pictorial posts you make on building this wonderful and really truly awesome (lets not forget realistic or time captured) layout.

Tom, besides being a learned modeling student of our predecessors (insert your favorite ones here) and being an awesome human being (always willing to protect & help) you also take valuable time in being an adroit inspiration to those  of us who just don't get it the first time go round.

I really enjoy this thread because you take the valuable time to capture on film each of your steps in modeling, take the valuable time in responding to each of us who perk up and reply, along with the many hours it takes to peruse other's threads struggling to inquire advice & suggestion on improving our skills in model railroading in general.

Yes John Allen was a inspirational modeling leader (he inspired me of what can be achieved), yes, George Sellios is a inspirational building & weathering god (he inspired me to stretch the boundaries of weathering), but in my opinion you are without a doubt an inspirational individual who models and weathering style sets the bar of fine personal, realistic, weathered, photographic, informative and achievable layout modeling.

Every generation has it's unsung Hero's, (one who does what he/she does and creates what she/he creates, but for some unknown reason isn't in every magazine or on every video or even on a cable model railroading network highlighting one's life achievements.

Well my friend (and I'm proud to call you my friend) you are a fine inspirational, motivational, ever-heart warming and incredible modeling creator to those who have had the pleasure of knowing you and seen the A&S rr's.   Pam must be so proud to be married to such an incredible man-father-husband-friend-modeler-person as you.

All I'm saying is Thank you for sharing so much of your time & talent with others in a hobby I love so much!  Sorry if I embarrass you here among your forum friends, I just wanted you to know publically I get what your doing and are saying thank you!
                                                                                       Thanx Thom...

Blazeman

Note to Tom/TCT:  He keeps everything on the level, too.

GPdemayo

Great compliments Thom.....it will be interesting to see if Tom will be able to get his head thru the door of the shed to continue work on his empire.  ;D ;D ;D
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

jimmillho

Quote from: GPdemayo on February 18, 2020, 02:20:30 PM
Great compliments Thom.....it will be interesting to see if Tom will be able to get his head thru the door of the shed to continue work on his empire.  ;D ;D ;D

That may be the next expansion  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jim