Foley Industries - Shelf Orphans

Started by Dave K., June 12, 2019, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave K.

Promised myself not to start a new build until I went back and completed these from a year ago.

Dave K.

Hmmm...some posts will stick, others not.

Mark Dalrymple

Nice colour scheme.

Looking good.  Are these scratch builds?

Cheers, mark.

Dave K.

Dave K.

Sorry, guys...I'm caught up in the posting problems we're having. This is FOS' Mathias Spring and the '17 Expo show kit, Altoona Brewery, both cut down to serve as background "flats".  More to come as I can post...

Janbouli

What's the problem Dave , I see them just fine.
I love photo's, don't we all.

Dave K.

Can only post 1 out of every 10 or 12 tries.

ACL1504

Dave,

Great kitbash of the kit. Love the colors and weathering.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Dave K.

Thanks, Tom. More to come as the posting errors allow.

Dave K.

I'd like to do more with elevation changes, something like this...

Dave K.

...so out comes the pink foam...

Dave K.

For a retaining wall I had these New England Brownstone samples from the final CSS. I glued them together, filled the gap with spackle, stained with a variety of Hunterline stains, and added the vines. As you can see I should have used plaster instead of spackle. Maybe the seam wouldn't be so visible. More vines, I guess!

Dave K.

I should probably sketch this out ahead of time instead of flying by the seat of my pants with the picture in my head of where I'm headed. The idea is to have a mess of background structures up high above the rest of the town, kind of the way George did his town of Franklin, and then the town sloping down toward the viewer. Of course, I'm working in less space.

Dave K.

This is very interesting...I've posted the last several updates on my PC rather than my iPhone or iPad and I'm experiencing none of the posting issues I've had for a couple of weeks, now.

Dave K.

I've used AK Interactive concrete, so I thought I'd give their asphalt a try.