Winter 2018 6"X 6" Build Challenge

Started by Raymo, December 30, 2017, 07:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raymo

This is it. Rules are simple, 6"X 6", 3"X 8", 2"X 12", or anything smaller. Detail or add on to it as you wish or build it straight from the box. If you want to make it part of diorama, have a ball. Try not to over complicate things people, it build threads on the forum we're looking for. Let's dust off them shelves and open some boxes. Use this thread to show us what your building and start a build thread under the Kit Building board. Tax Day will be here before you know it!

Polux

Just for asking..... ;D  ;D  ;D

I suppose we are closed to the HO scale, not?

Raymo

Nope. Any scale you wish Pol.lux If you have an N or O scale that's close, model on....

Rollin

I have this small kit I found a couple of years ago. Maybe this will help me join the fun!

S&S RR

I didn't follow directions.  I started my build thread before I posted what I'm building - here. Sorry. I'm building the Monster Model Works Yard Tower. Build thread link:http://modelersforum.com/kit-building/monster-modelworks-yard-tower-second-annual-raymo-challenge-2018/msg85348/?topicseen#new

Picture from the Monster Modelworks website: http://monstermodelworks.com

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

Raymo

ACL1504

Add me to that list as well.  Doh!  ???

From plastic to brass lamp posts and Bar Mills Sweaty Betty's Restaurant.

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Polux

Quote from: Raymo on December 31, 2017, 12:08:21 PM
Nope. Any scale you wish Jan. If you have an N or O scale that's close, model on....

Yep!! Fine....

Thanks  ;)

Raymo

Looks like a nice diverse group of kits being built.

S&S RR

Dan do you have an update to the number of modelers jumping into the challenge?
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

madharry

ReadingBob

I guess I'll give it a go.  I have to shuffle the order of the builds I'm going to be working on slightly.  Next up in the rotation would have been the Fine Scale Miniatures Bailey's Produce Company (Jewel Series No. 2) but there's no way I could have finished that one by April 15th.  So, I'm going to take on the FOS Scale Models Rothman's Pawn Shop & Thornhill Liquor which has a footprint of 4" x 6".

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

Raymo

Quote from: S&S RR on January 01, 2018, 11:01:10 AM
Dan do you have an update to the number of modelers jumping into the challenge?
14 with a potential for 3 more.

Twopoint2

Awesome a build challenge, count me in now i need to find something to build.

Mark Dalrymple

Just wanted to ask re the size - 6 by 6 = 36, 8 by 3 = 24, 12 by 2 = 24.  So is this right, or should it maybe be 6 by 6, 9 by 4, 12 by 3?

I'm 'armchair' participating at the moment - looking at which kits I might build if I had the time to do it!  I've narrowed it down to four!

Cheers, Mark.