PRR Bellevue Sub Build

Started by PRR Modeler, June 07, 2020, 02:32:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon,

Bob thanks for following and the support. I lucked out with a large interior room (loft) that was not really being used for anything.

Today I finished the peninsula. The finished length is 9'6'' instead of 10'6'' on the plans. It will have my yard, a second reverse loop. and possibly a business (undecided). I also attached 2 angle boards to ease the 90 degree angles on the back corners.

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision

PRR Modeler

Today I hit one of the milestones for the layout finishing the framing portion of the build. ;D In the photo the wide ends are 3 foot apart and the closest distance from the corners of the peninsula is 27 inches. From the end to the wall (next to camera taking picture is 4 foot. This has better access than my last one that you had to "suck" it in to walk down the edge or get to the center which makes me happy.

The next steps will be running the main buss, reverse loop wiring, accessory buss wiring, and loconet wiring. The fun stuff :-\. It will probably be Sunday or Monday before I start.
Curt Webb

Mark Dalrymple

Looks terrific, Curt.

Cheers, Mark.

GPdemayo

Great job with the bench work Curt.....hope you have the track down by the 18th when we all come over to run trains.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

S&S RR

Curt

The benchwork looks great.  I'm looking forward to seeing this RR come alive.
John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad

cuse

Great progress Curt! Benchwork can be very satisfying that way...no other aspect of the hobby can fill a room so quickly!

John

Jerry

Looking forward to the next steps of your RR.

It looks like it going to be a fun project!!

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

ACL1504

Curt,

Looks good, pulling wires is always fun.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

Judge

Curt - Very impressive bench work. I will regularly stop by and view the progress.  Will there be a dock for submarines?   

PRR Modeler

Good Afternoon,

Thank you Mark, Greg, John, John (Cuse), Jerry, Tom, and Bill for following along and your support

It's been a little bit since I've posted. Today I finished wiring the main buss, mounted the brackets for the base station on the end of the peninsula, and wired inline a DCC circuit breaker. I'll test the buss tomorrow before progressing on. The pictures are pretty crappy.
Curt Webb

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

Looks like you are moving right along. It looks just great so far.

Karl

PRR Modeler

Afternoon All,

Karl thank you for your kind words.

I hit a couple of major steps today. I put the permanent end on the middle pier that the base station will sit on. In the photo I have my DCS-51 (3 amp) hooked up for main buss power testing. The snake pit of wires is from my old program track. I tested the mains at the farthest point away from the base station as I could. On the right side it read 12v and on the left side it read 11v. Of course this is without and current draw.
Curt Webb

GPdemayo

The 18th is getting closer..... :)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

PRR Modeler

Greg I hope you're not holding your breath butty! ;D
Curt Webb

ReadingBob

Ya know Curt....when you're laying track if you were to super elevate the curves to about a 14% banking Greg would be able to have some real fun running trains on your layout.  Just sayin'..... ;D
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.