Riverbend Chapel by FOS

Started by ACL1504, September 06, 2020, 05:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACL1504

Quote from: Jerry on October 19, 2020, 09:54:07 AM
Tom wonderful work on the steeple.

Jerry

Jerry,

Thank you for the compliment, appreciate it.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Oldguy on October 19, 2020, 09:13:20 PM
Very nice.  I like your interpretation.

Bob,

Thank you, I like to change the original look on kits. It gives me a unique look and not just what the manufacturer had in mind. This one was pretty much a no brainer as I wanted a more southern church look. I have more planned in the church appearance as well. Stay tuned.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

nycjeff

Hello Tom, I have a question about your weathered copper look roof method. You said that any color brown would do for the base layer, but my question is regarding the powdered patina you used. Is it a light green and could I use some pastel chalk to achieve the same result ? Thanks in advance for any information you are willing to give out.   Jeff
Jeff Firestone
Morristown, Arizona
modeling the New York Central in rural Ohio in the late 1940's

ACL1504

Quote from: nycjeff on October 20, 2020, 01:35:09 PM
Hello Tom, I have a question about your weathered copper look roof method. You said that any color brown would do for the base layer, but my question is regarding the powdered patina you used. Is it a light green and could I use some pastel chalk to achieve the same result ? Thanks in advance for any information you are willing to give out.   Jeff

Jeff,

I would say yes, you could use a green pastel chalk. Look at the Statue of Liberty, it has a nice green patina and also has various shades of the green patina look from dark to light. The one caution I would tell you is to practice on some scrap to see how the pastel works with the "tacky of dry" paint. I think it will be fine and look forward to you letting us all know how it worked.

Hope this helps.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on October 20, 2020, 08:25:46 AM
Looking good Tom.....if you listen closely, you might be able to hear the preacher "brothers and sisters...can I get an Amen for that"..... ;)

Greg,

Thank you butty. Heck, as a sinner, I may just drop in one Sunday.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Yesterday, I got the extra windows from Doug and have them stained. I'll add them to the right side wall and then add my white stain. Hopefully, I'll have an update later this afternoon or evening.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ReadingBob

This looks terrific so far Tom!  I'm of the Southern Mattress denomination myself.   ;D 

Actually I'm a PK (Preachers Kid - Lutheran) so I have some familiarity with churches. 
Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

ACL1504

Quote from: ReadingBob on October 20, 2020, 02:09:00 PM
This looks terrific so far Tom!  I'm of the Southern Mattress denomination myself.   ;D 

Actually I'm a PK (Preachers Kid - Lutheran) so I have some familiarity with churches.

Bob,

Thanks for stopping by and posting a nice compliment. I'm more of a Southern Mattress as well. I grew up in a Presbyterian Church, dated a Catholic girl, got married in a Methodists Church, joined a Baptist Church, well you get the idea. I've had my fill of "organized" churches, etc.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

As mentioned, Doug sent me more arched  windows to finish my kit bash of the River Bend Church.

I used my white stain and stained three arched windows. Oops, looks like I already removed them. :-[

I've covered this portion earlier so I'll just fast forward here. The windows are installed.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I next stained/painted the right church wall.

Back in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Walls look great. Can't wait to see this one finished.

Karl

postalkarl

Tom:

Just went through all the pics again. Love the stained glass windows. Will light be able to shine through them? That would be so cool.

Karl

Raymo

Quote from: ACL1504 on October 18, 2020, 02:43:49 PM
Quote from: Raymo on October 17, 2020, 07:41:11 AM
Another great build and build thread from you Tom!

Dan,

Thank you. I'm getting ready for the 2021 Build Challenge.

Tom ;D
Glad to hear that! I'm getting the rally flags out to peak some interest. I'll get it moving in about a month!😁

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on October 20, 2020, 06:34:09 PM
Tom:

Just went through all the pics again. Love the stained glass windows. Will light be able to shine through them? That would be so cool.

Karl

Karl,

Thanks very much and yes, light can shine through the stained glass, er, paper.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com