Sierra West Logging Camp Essentials

Started by postalkarl, June 13, 2019, 02:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge

I've always wondered why tool sheds are always made just a little bit too small to hold all the junk that goes inside them.  Your shed is an excellent example and I really, really like it.  It looks like it would fit nicely next to the Midlands engine facility on the Atlantic & Southern RR.

ReadingBob

Bob Butts
robertbutts1@att.net

There's a fine line between Hobby and Mental Illness.

JimF

postalkarl

Hey Curt:

thanks for the compliment. Much appreciated as always.

Karl

Opa George

Fantastic work, Karl. What is the gray sandy looking ground cover you are using?  I like it.
--George

Mark Dalrymple

The tool shed looks terrific, Karl!

The red tone sets it apart nicely from the norm.  I really like that chemical reaction on those pipes too.

Cheers, Mark.

postalkarl

Hi George:

It is Highball real dirt. Glad you like how it looks. Thanks.

Karl

postalkarl

HeyMark:

Thanks appreciate it. Yeah I liked the reaction also.

Karl

deemery

Quote from: Judge on July 30, 2019, 10:32:23 AM
I've always wondered why tool sheds are always made just a little bit too small to hold all the junk that goes inside them.  Your shed is an excellent example and I really, really like it.  It looks like it would fit nicely next to the Midlands engine facility on the Atlantic & Southern RR.

It's not that tool sheds are too small.  It's that "mess expands to exceed the space available".  If you build a bigger tool shed, you'll just get more junk.

dave
Modeling the Northeast in the 1890s - because the little voices told me to

postalkarl

Hey Dave:

You just might be right. More room for more junk.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Station walls are finished. On to assembly. Looks like I need some touch up on windows & doors. That will be b4 assembly.

Karl

Jerry

Rigging & Tool sheds.  A perfect match and you really did a great job painting the details and placing them.

Jerry
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." A. Lincoln

postalkarl

Hey Jerry:

thanks much appreciated.

Karl

postalkarl

Hi All:

Walls are assembled. Here's a few pics.

Karl

S&S RR

John Siekirk
Superior & Seattle Railroad