Previous topic - Next topic

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 02, 2020, 09:32:54 AM
Quote from: Erieman on August 01, 2020, 10:18:17 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on August 01, 2020, 10:02:37 AM
Quote from: Erieman on July 31, 2020, 10:45:43 PM
Quote from: GPdemayo on July 31, 2020, 03:19:59 PM
Quote from: Erieman on July 30, 2020, 10:20:12 PM

.....I think i am closing on 300 structures on the layout. Hard to believe.

Frank / Erieman

Some people are just natural overachievers..... ;) 

Greg,

Funny comment. I look it differently. Consider dusting all these structures. No fun at all!!!

Frank

How about I send the hurricane out your way......you can open all the windows in the layout building and get the dust blown off without any work on your part.  :) :) ;D

Greg,
I went back to look at a prior post and apparently i pressed the wrong button regarding the number of buildings. It should read 200 plus. My bad. That's still a lot of buildings.

Frank / Erieman

200 / 300.....still qualifies for overachiever status.  ;)

Whoops, i found more structures under the layout that will be installed as i progress on the cityscape. So much for buildings, I admit, there a bunch of buildings on this layout - over achiever or not!

Frank / Erieman

Judge

Frank - Great Video.  I wonder about the pulpwood load on your pulpwood car.  Is it store-bought or made by Frank?  We have several pulpwood cars that are sans loads and the overgrowth in Piney Woods is crying for harvesting. And where did you find pine trees out there in Arid-Zona?   

sdrees

Steve Drees
SP RR

Zephyrus52246

Neat video, Frank.  On your hillsides and rock face areas, what was the main foliage material you used? 

Jeff

Erieman

Quote from: Judge on August 02, 2020, 02:38:32 PM
Frank - Great Video.  I wonder about the pulpwood load on your pulpwood car.  Is it store-bought or made by Frank?  We have several pulpwood cars that are sans loads and the overgrowth in Piney Woods is crying for harvesting. And where did you find pine trees out there in Arid-Zona?

Good Afternoon Judge,

The pulpwood load is scratch. I have a couple of palo verde trees in out yard. When the branch dies you get a beautiful looking series of dead branches. Most are grey, but several look more like a birch bark tree. After several dead branches and many times with the band saw, i had enough pieces to glue up a load. i used Elmers white glue to put every thing together. At a quick glance it looks like trees harvested from the woods of Maine. Glad you enjoyed the video / layout and pulp car.
You guys need to make a journey out here to see it in person.

Frank / Erieman

Erieman

Quote from: Zephyrus52246 on August 03, 2020, 07:36:45 AM
Neat video, Frank.  On your hillsides and rock face areas, what was the main foliage material you used? 

Jeff

Good Morning Jeff,

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the video. Depending where on the hillside you are referring to, most of the surfaces start with an application of static grass. The small foliage is Woodland Scenics Foliage that I break into small, medium and large chunks and glue into place. This is the most tedious part of the scenery. As an example, in four hours you might complete about 2 sq. feet or less. Much less if you have to reach long distances that occur on my layout. On top of the base foliage, i may scatter smaller pieces of foliage clumps, clusters or pieces. I work with light medium and dark foliage colors to break up the potential visual boredom. Since dust is omni present, i occasionally spray a fine mist on the ground cover to brighten everything up.

Hope that is of some help. If not , feel free to call me and we can discuss this in greater detail.

Frank / Erieman 

Zephyrus52246

Erieman

Quote from: NKP768 on August 04, 2020, 07:22:52 AM
Great video Frank
Doug

Doug,

Glad you liked the video. I have attached two more links to video's that we shot of my layout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZQrgSzlei0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5cvQiUvFe0

FYI, You might have to turn the sound down a bit. I will be making some new video soon to cover many of the cityscape areas.

Enjoy the video's.

Frank / Erieman

GPdemayo

Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

Erieman

Quote from: GPdemayo on August 07, 2020, 04:17:27 PM
Neat..... 8)

Greg,

Glad you enjoyed the videos. I need to make more of them to show more of the layout. Just need sometime. Recently have been dealing too many house projects.

Frank / Erieman