FOS' Hollis Pest Control

Started by ACL1504, July 26, 2019, 05:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

postalkarl

hey Tom:

It's coming right along. Thanks for the pics.

Karl

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on August 16, 2019, 07:40:04 AM
hey Tom:

It's coming right along. Thanks for the pics.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you. More pictures and updates this afternoon.

Tom  ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

For the walls in the garage area I chose Northeastern Scribed Siding. Mainly due to I had them in my stash.

I didn't notice this but NE now places a thin piece of cardboard between the siding sheets.

I measured the wall on the right and cut it per my measurements. I found a Tichy door and placed it where I wanted to cut the opening.

Continued -
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The opening was cut and the door fit.

I then measured the floor area where the left interior wall will be located and drew a pencil line on the floor.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

The left and rear wall pieces were cut.

I stained the walls with a light application of Hunterline Light Gray A&I.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Starting with the right wall, I made several test fits and then glued it in place.

I did the same with the left wall and then added the rear.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I forgot to show and mention, I added a little weathering to the floor. More will be added later in the build process.

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I'm guessing by now ya'll are thinking I glued the walls to the interior of the structure.

Well, I did and I didn't. what I did was glue the three walls to the floor.

I wanted to add some interior details so the structure needed to be removable from the floor.

More in a few.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

I used three Rusty Rail castings for the interior detail. No photos of the painting process of the casting.

www.rustyrail.com

I added a few wall signs and some newspapers. The figure in the front is from a Preiser roundhouse figure set. I also added more weathering to the floor area.

Continued -
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Here's the best part, the garage walls, as mentioned, were constructed so the structure fits over the "garage box".

I forgot to mention, I added a base to the bottom of the walls so the structure will sit just above the scenery when applied. The base is scale 4X4s and painted full strength Floquil Aged Concrete.

I still need to touch up the concrete color on the corners as you can plainly see.
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

jerryrbeach

Tom,

I love it!  Great job, great choice in castings, interior looks super and adds so much interest to the building.  You never disappoint!
Jerry

JimF

Tom, fantastic!

You've made a fairly basic kit really come alive, a eye popper for sure.

Jim

PRR Modeler

Curt Webb
The Late Great Pennsylvania Railroad
Freelanced PRR Bellevue Subdivision