plumbing and roofing

Started by dick green, October 17, 2018, 07:58:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dick green

Hi guys

I have searched google and pinterest and still can't find any vintage plumbing or roofing contractor signs. Does anyone  have anything.

thanks

Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

Dave K.

Not quite sure what you're seeking..you've probably seen these.

Dave K.

Dave K.

bparrish

So I can't resist...

This is a structure I built some years ago for a local build contest.  It started out as Jimmy's Roxbury Roofing and I converted it into a plumbing because I wanted to make up a sign with my favorite plumbing one liner........

A good flush beats a full house ! ! !

I didn't have too much luck with old signs either.

see ya
Bob

Did you ever notice how many towns are named after their water towers ! ?

dick green

Thanks for the replies guys. It looks like this is goig to be a hard one. I might have to make one my self. I have word and gimp but they both have a pretty big learning curve. Do you know of an easy cut and paste type of program I can use. I cant afford to buy one though. I like the look of The Homer paint sign that came with the kit but I don't like that it says seed and gardening on it. Worst case scenario i just cover the bottom of the sign with stuff so its not noticeable.

Dick
Dick
Apple Valley, Mn

restocarp

Dick,

I came across this early photo from Baltimore and noted the pluming supply sign on the foreground building.

It was fairly easy to reproduce using Paint.

A little hand touch up and weathering would should create a reasonable sign.

I would urge you to try creating your own.

Matt

jerryrbeach

Dick,

I use Excel to make signs.  I find it very easy to use and by merging and/or resizing cells I can make borders around the sign, color the sign background, change fonts, etc.

Jerry