C&O H-5 2-6-6-2 Articulated Painting

Started by ACL1504, April 21, 2020, 05:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tct855

ACL 1504,
             What an absolutely fantastic job sir!  If you ever decide to start building/painting locos again I have a couple brass engines as you know I'd love done the right way for a change. ??? Looking forward to your next magic steam act when you get around to it sir.  KP-out...  excuse me while I watch the game???   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGpymRl8bQ

GPdemayo

Darn fine job Tom.....can't wait to get a throttle on it  8) .....at the proper speeds of course.  ;)
Gregory P. DeMayo
General Construction Superintendent Emeritus
St. Louis & Denver Railroad
Longwood, FL

ACL1504

Quote from: sdrees on May 22, 2020, 04:28:14 PM
The paint job turned out just fantastic Tom.

Steve,

Thanks very much. I'm happy to have this one finished. Getting it back together was very difficult.

Tom ;D
"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

"If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: BandOGuy on May 22, 2020, 08:36:41 PM
Beautiful!
Just freakin' beautiful!

Chip,

Thank you for the freakin' compliment, appreciate it.

Tom  8)
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: cuse on May 22, 2020, 09:19:37 PM
Wow...amazing work!

John

John,

Thank you and glad you stopped by.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: Oldguy on May 22, 2020, 10:04:56 PM
Absolutely fantabulous!

Bob,

Thank you very much for the kind compliment on the loco painting.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: tct855 on May 23, 2020, 01:48:25 AM
ACL 1504,
             What an absolutely fantastic job sir!  If you ever decide to start building/painting locos again I have a couple brass engines as you know I'd love done the right way for a change. ??? Looking forward to your next magic steam act when you get around to it sir.  KP-out...  excuse me while I watch the game???   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLGpymRl8bQ

Thom,

Ah, shucks. I knew you would want some help.  :P  However, not sure I have the time to do any others than mine. Besides, we can't afford each others prices.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: GPdemayo on May 23, 2020, 09:06:14 AM
Darn fine job Tom.....can't wait to get a throttle on it  8) .....at the proper speeds of course.  ;)

Greg,

You are more than welcome to try your hand at the throttle. But believe me when I say this one is very slow. Probably slower than the Judge's Sierra.

Tom  ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

NKP768

Nice job Tom....you're a braver man then me. The last compound engine I did was a Westside PRR Q-2 and it had a rigid frame. Getting one set of rods working smoothly is a job in itself and then you throw in a second set......great job.
Doug

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on May 26, 2020, 09:52:01 AM
Nice job Tom....you're a braver man then me. The last compound engine I did was a Westside PRR Q-2 and it had a rigid frame. Getting one set of rods working smoothly is a job in itself and then you throw in a second set......great job.
Doug

Doug,

Thank you, much appreciated. I did the Judge's Sierra 2-6-6-2 articulated loco a couple years ago. That wasn't to bad but this one was much harder getting back together than the Sierra. Also, this is my final articulated loco rigid frame or not.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

postalkarl

Hey Tom:

Look just gorgeous. Love the cabeese to.

Karl

NKP768

I forgot to add with the Pennsy engine - just when I got everything back together and running smoothly the local SPF made his appearance and proudly announced to anyone within earshot that I had the valve gear set backwards - the Pennsy(Standard Railroad of the World) ran left leading valve gearing when everyone else ran the valve action with the right side leading....sheeessss.
Doug

ACL1504

Quote from: postalkarl on May 27, 2020, 03:20:04 AM
Hey Tom:

Look just gorgeous. Love the cabeese to.

Karl

Karl,

Thank you my friend, very much appreciated.

Tom ;D
Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com

ACL1504

Quote from: NKP768 on May 27, 2020, 08:55:17 AM
I forgot to add with the Pennsy engine - just when I got everything back together and running smoothly the local SPF made his appearance and proudly announced to anyone within earshot that I had the valve gear set backwards - the Pennsy(Standard Railroad of the World) ran left leading valve gearing when everyone else ran the valve action with the right side leading....sheeessss.
Doug

Doug,

I got a chuckle out of this comment. The people in the hobby I like least are the rivet counters.  :-X :-X

Tom  ;D

Thomas Jefferson

Tom Langford
telsr1@aol.com